Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Ravioli looks decent.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
I don't like the new egg/sweet potato/sausage thingy. Very bland and no flavor. I much prefer the previous egg offering that came with the triangle potato knish/quiche.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 26, 2015 at 8:21 pm Reason: image removal
Old May 19, 2015, 2:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by miasmal
I don't like the new egg/sweet potato/sausage thingy. Very bland and no flavor. I much prefer the previous egg offering that came with the triangle potato knish/quiche.
That's why I travel with a two ounce bottle of Tabasco in my bag @:-)
Old May 19, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
^ Me too.
Old May 19, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Add salt and pepper.
Old May 20, 2015, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
That's why I travel with a two ounce bottle of Tabasco in my bag @:-)
I find the MRE Tobasco bottles to be perfect...
Old May 21, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Clearly a miscater.

Clearly a miscater today YVR-SFO. Whole cashews!

http://campl.us/iBTLQ6wmRTU

In all seriousness, I chose ... Poorly. The two dinner choices were a chicken teriyaki over rice or a grilled chicken salad.

I chose the salad. Wish they had warned me it'd be loaded with bleu cheese. Ick!!

Ended up wolfing down some grilled chicken at the Japanese place in SFO when I misconnected. Upside is that I misconnected into the last SFO-EWR flight of the day and am comfortably sitting in a lie-flat. Good way to go home after a long week.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:30 am

Breakfast on IAD-LAX

Just ordered the quiche, as only cereal choice was honey nut cheerios, which are filled with sugar.

Could someone please tell me how to post a picture? I'll take a picture when it is served and edit this post to add it.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by physioprof
Just ordered the quiche, as only cereal choice was honey nut cheerios, which are filled with sugar.

Could someone please tell me how to post a picture? I'll take a picture when it is served and edit this post to add it.
I take a photo with my phone, upload to PhotoBucket, and embed using the picture link button in the advanced reply.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I take a photo with my phone, upload to PhotoBucket, and embed using the picture link button in the advanced reply.
Thanks for the info. I'll post the pics when I reach my destination, as not connecting to WiFi with my phone.

The appetizer fruit plate was really good, with abundant very fresh grapes, strawberries, honeydew, cantaloupe, and pineapple. The cheese quiche was also very good, with tasty sausages, potato wedges, and a baked small tomato. As others have pointed out, the "Greek yogurt" is inferior sugar-bomb product, and not the real deal, so I didn't eat it. Bread offering was croissant or cinnamon roll. I declined, but my seat mate got the cinnamon roll. It looked decent, but drenched in sugar glaze, and she reported that it was overly sweet.

I mentioned to the FA who was serving that this was vastly improved transcontinental F food service. She said the FAs like it better too, and she enjoys doing a plated multi-course service rather than just slamming down a plastic tray.

UPDATE: No sky-snacks basket, but we did get warmed cookies (I passed). I asked FA if no sky-snacks on breakfast flights, and she said that she thinks they're still figuring out exactly when to provision the sky-snacks, and also that it depends on the airport where the plane is being provisioned. I am disappointed, as I am jonesing for some Toblerone!

Last edited by physioprof; May 21, 2015 at 11:20 am Reason: Added post-meal snacks report
Old May 21, 2015, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Ended up wolfing down some grilled chicken at the Japanese place in SFO when I misconnected. Upside is that I misconnected into the last SFO-EWR flight of the day and am comfortably sitting in a lie-flat. Good way to go home after a long week.
When I need something quick on portable at SFO, I get the El Presidente burrito at Andale. It's not anywhere like an authentic burrito on Mission, but it's a big step up from Chipotle for chain Mexican.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
When I need something quick on portable at SFO, I get the El Presidente burrito at Andale. It's not anywhere like an authentic burrito on Mission, but it's a big step up from Chipotle for chain Mexican.
Agreed - definitely a big step up from the chains. I also like the Chinese at Fung Lum but most everything was closed down... the Japanese place was the only thing still open at that point.

My favorite airport restaurant in the system is still Pappadeaux in IAH. Love that place.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Agreed - definitely a big step up from the chains. I also like the Chinese at Fung Lum but most everything was closed down... the Japanese place was the only thing still open at that point.

My favorite airport restaurant in the system is still Pappadeaux in IAH. Love that place.
Haven't tried Pappadeaux, but I will when I'm at IAH next month. My favorite Mexican in the system is Javier's at SNA. They don't really make it clear that you can get takeout, and burritos aren't on the menu. But they definitely do takeout and their burritos are delicious, especially the carne asada. Two of the bartenders--Penny and Brooke--are experts at hooking you up with takeout and/or burritos. And they make mean bloody mary!
Old May 21, 2015, 5:30 pm

Photos of IAD-LAX Breakfast in F

This is the nice fruit plate. The fruit was very fresh, juicy, and tasty.

This is the crappy sugar-bomb yogurt that I didn't eat.

This is the four-cheese quiche, served with sausages, potatoes, and a cooked tomato. Although the plating job wasn't fantastic--there is another sausage hidden under the potatoes--it all tasted very good.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...psd7nag7jy.jpg

This is the crappy sugar-bomb yogurt that I didn't eat.
Looking at the nutrition facts, it doesn't look like it's really much worse than Chobani 0% with fruit in it. From what I recall on my recent flight w/breakfast, it wasn't spectacular, but it also wasn't that bad.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 26, 2015 at 8:22 pm Reason: image removal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.