Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for those that have not received affirmative notification of 2015 GS notification. So far appears to be only renewals and not new qualifiers. Question about how and when further selections will be made and posting of status for feedback is appropriate for this thread.
For checking 2015 elite status and membership kit shipment status, see mystatus.united.con
For posting actual GS notifications please use Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

For general discussion of GS benefits and what is need for qualification, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

This multi-thread approach is because a few members have asked for this separation to see if some trends / criteria for section can be determined.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by wanderingkev
Well, I have been in GS since day one ,by next week I will have $56.5k and 318,000 and spent $60 plus inc the family
and I am wait listed for consideration Jan 12th, I asked to try and advise me earlier of my status so I can make travel plans,as customer retention seems not to be a priority for UA marketing , I was just given Ex Plat without a challenge and booked $14k is int biz with AA in January.....enough of this
I'm with you. Didn't get the Dec renewal with 78k of PQD out of ORD leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: AA lt Gld - 1.7MM; UA GS; Marriott LT Plt; Thalys Gold
Originally Posted by sdemw
I'm with you. Didn't get the Dec renewal with 78k of PQD out of ORD leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
That's surprising. Did you get the message to wait for January or nothing at all?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:00 am
ban

Programs: AA Concierge, UA 1k
Doesn't seem any newbies yet have been notified. Maybe waiting until end of year until the counting is done. I'm 90k+ PDQ so not worried but be nice to hear. Be v surprised if 78k PDQ even in ORD doesn't make it
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:03 am
ban

Programs: AA Concierge, UA 1k
Originally Posted by tjackson1178
Same for me. Frustrated that I was grounded for three months over the summer... Lost lots of opportunity to get off the bubble.
I'm getting same message but cant be on bubble at 98k PQD. don't think they got around to newbies yet, not heard one newbie getting notification

Originally Posted by WorkUp
I have heard nothing:
BIS 207K
PQM 298K
PQD 80K
CPM 0.38
Dunno if CPM is really a factor other say it is, maybe it's a tie breaker if PQD not high enough. 80k gotta be enough I would think but just a pure guess

Originally Posted by Buckdany
I get this message as well and nothing else. Currently 1K.

BIS: 107,600
PQM: 165,300
PQD: $59,000
PQD (UA metal): $51,000
CPM: 47.4
same message for me but not on the bubble at 98k PQD and 80c per mile

Last edited by l etoile; Dec 18, 2014 at 12:37 pm Reason: Merge
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by jgsx
Hi wanderingkev!

I want to confirm your situation. I believe you've been GS for about ten years, and UA has probably treated you like a king as a result (they sure have taken care of me!). I believe you're concerned that your spend may not get you a renewal for 2015. With your long history of being GS, and your fairly healthy spend, you should make it through the later draft manual review. Even if you don't, you'll be offered a challenge offer (probably $15k) to keep GS for 2015. If you're spending $14k in January alone, this shouldn't be an issue for you to hit. Just be a bit patient, not getting very early notification shouldn't be sufficient reason to leave an airline.

I also tried AA ExP in 2014. It was refreshing to try something new and different, but ultimately AA ExP cannot compare to GS. Also, AA flies horrible aircraft on the routes that I fly, so I won't be trying to renew ExP.
I fly out of rdu...I am not sure how many 3.2m flyers they have on a non hub like this , I moved here to the US 14yrs ago, so that's an av of $228k a year and the first couple of years I did not fly with them that much I was a big SEA star and Qantas flyer back then ,just had a membership to MP.
I guess my irritation is that as I read this column and the comments that people make who have been loyal customers for many years hopefully wanting the make the cut I think to myself the hype machine has done an incredible job.
This is not about invitation to the elite of SQ ,QR ,CX or EK.
It's UA !! lowly ranked ,poor performing has decent seats on certain planes,and the food in it's business class is any tier 1 airline economy served on a white plate by p**sed off people who have forgotten how to smile
They are on crack, the arrogance is astounding,. ! They should be doing everything in a considered way to retain consistent high spenders, I have spent $80k per annum in the past ,only reason I don't now is because they are woeful on many routes.
Just had a big week with personal loss which refocused me on number of things and clearing out the clutter -Fired my Doctor , Fired the lawn guy, fired my insurance agent, all these people had lost sight of the fact that I had been a loyal customer to them but they had started to take that loyalty for granted, they said the right things but did not deliver. AA have called me and been very helpful ,they don't know me ,I have no record with them. Between my $56k at UA and the $19k between QR and QF I don't look marginal to them.
I have my annual numbers already for UA for 2015 if they need them,1 return Biz to BAH and one to YYC- looks like 8 PQS and $5000 PQD, 25000 PQM...less if I cancel these...2016 status ..1k (save them some work)
These clowns can't ,after the business I have repeatedly given them over a long period can't work out on December 18th, knowing what I will fly and spend in the year tell me what status I will have on Jan 1st-it is incompetence of the highest order and I will tolerate it no further...Flyer Friendly ??...not in my reality

Last edited by wanderingkev; Dec 19, 2014 at 11:25 am
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Buckdany
That's surprising. Did you get the message to wait for January or nothing at all?
Getting the check back after Jan 12 note - which I'm assuming everyone with GS gets. Without GS this year its probably time to shop around!

Last edited by sdemw; Dec 21, 2014 at 4:23 am
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I am hoping I renew...
IAH Based
PQD: ~$47K
PQM: 190,000
PQS: 128

I recently was promoted and will be spending a ton of time in the middle east. I need to book travel in January and making GS will determine if I fly UA or not. With the A380 nonstop on Emirates from IAH now, it would be tough to fly UA through IAD!
That is not a hard choice,especially given the Star has nothing in the region unless you want to fly back to Cairo or Istanbul to connect.Our middle east business reports to me,UA cutting Doha is a pain for me,
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:06 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdemw
Getting the check back after Jan 12 note - which I'm assuming everyone with GS gets. Without GS again this year its probably time to shop around!
Nope; some people got re-invited already and a message to match. But no new memberships yet, it seems.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:48 am

Interesting thread. I am hopeful I make it for the first time in ten years.

I am confused why some people just post PQM, PQS, and PQD but no BIS and resulting CPM? I thought consensus was/is that the most likely metric they use is CPM only if you are above some threshold for overall spending?

I am at 155,490 PQM, 130.5 PQS, and $80,000 spend. My BIS is 106,000 so my CPM is $0.77.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by ew6050
Interesting thread. I am hopeful I make it for the first time in ten years.

I am confused why some people just post PQM, PQS, and PQD but no BIS and resulting CPM? I thought consensus was/is that the most likely metric they use is CPM only if you are above some threshold for overall spending?

I am at 155,490 PQM, 130.5 PQS, and $80,000 spend. My BIS is 106,000 so my CPM is $0.77.
I've been told by GS admins that the metric is revenue and they'll invite the "top percent" to be GS. Reading this thread, however, makes me think it's more complicated than that.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: MP, 1MM, GS
Mystatus.united.com says check back 1/12/2015. Currently GS. 2014 stats with two trips to go:

Home Hub: EWR
PQM: 114,255
PQD: $43,000
BIS: 82,000
CPM: 53
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: UA GS / 1MM; SPG Platinum; Hertz Gold; Global Entry / NEXUS
i'm in check back

2014 GS member, based out of SFO:
- $46K PQD with another $2.5K to come
- 145K PQM
- 92.5 PQS

$8K in PQD in Dec so far, probably $10K+ when all is said and done in Dec so I didn't expect to make the first cut anyway.

Holding out hope!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA
SEA based, 2014 GS member

Still waiting for renewal

2014:
PQM: 147k
BIS: 97k
PQD: $75k
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Does anyone else think that the United people run the Global Services program must be complete morons?

There is post after post of people who spend a fortune on United completely frustrated about whether they will re-qualify.

Invite only programs frustrate more people then they incent.

I don't understand why they don't just publish the qualification requirements. Or better yet, do away with it and treat anyone who purchases business or first like gold.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Upstate NY Based - GS member for 2 years now:

PQM: 400k+
PQD: $100k+
BIS: 250k

Still waiting to hear - and have $5k more to spend this year on my way to Singapore... I did cut back a bit this year but surprised I haven't heard anything yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.