Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Award seat available online but phone agent cannot see it (not a "phantom" award)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award seat available online but phone agent cannot see it (not a "phantom" award)?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by channa
This is a known issue with new flights and SHARES.
LH 404 is not a new flight and I had it on that as well just 10 days ago.

Getting an agent to do a long sell is the way around the problem. But, as noted above, finding an agent who will do that is not always easy.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
LH 404 is not a new flight and I had it on that as well just 10 days ago.

Getting an agent to do a long sell is the way around the problem. But, as noted above, finding an agent who will do that is not always easy.
Let alone an agent that knows how.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
I had the same thing happen a few nights ago. I could see the flight I wanted online, but the website errored out.

The first agent I spoke to said the 2nd leg wasn't available. I said I could see it online, she made up some crap about the website, and then I asked if she could access the page I was looking at. She said she couldn't, but offered to transfer me to someone in "another department" that could see what I was seeing.

The 2nd agent had no trouble, and in fact said she couldn't understand why the 1st agent couldn't see the flight (it was an OS domestic flight, so nothing crazy). No idea if it was actually another department or if the 1st agent just pawned me off on someone else; don't care, since I got my flight.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PHLisa
.... I asked if she could access the page I was looking at. She said she couldn't, but offered to transfer me to someone in "another department" that could see what I was seeing.

The 2nd agent had no trouble, and in fact said she couldn't understand why the 1st agent couldn't see the flight (it was an OS domestic flight, so nothing crazy). No idea if it was actually another department or if the 1st agent just pawned me off on someone else; don't care, since I got my flight.
The 2nd agent was likely "web support" and yes, they see the same screens as you do (which is different from the regular agent screens).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.