Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else received pushback or denials getting snack boxes in first on UX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone else received pushback or denials getting snack boxes in first on UX?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
If people overvalue food, UA would do well to generate $10 in perceived value at the cost of $2.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I can see both sides. Frankly, the blame goes more to UA than the OP. I think it's ridiculous the difference in service on some of these routes. For instance, RDU-ORD. On AA it's a choice of meals in First, on UA it's snack mix and a drink in a plastic cup and no Wifi on the CR7.

Handing out free snack boxes on a flight like this would at least be a start.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

In general I prefer the seat and extra leg room the most in F. I'm less appreciative of the great meal in intra-Europe F that still has the same economy seat/legroom, esp if all F is full.

Even the ual F meal is less great than a $10 airport edible.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by JonasCLT
I've been flying short hops out of IAD (under 500 miles) weekly for about 5 months now. I'm usually on a 6 AM flight and appreciate a little food when I'm upgraded (which actually has been most of the time lately). The FAs generally gladly gave me an AM snack box when I requested it and would occasionally pass them out without asking.

This morning I requested one and was flat out refused by the FA stating "you can purchase one as they are not complimentary in first on flights under 700 miles or 2 hours." I subsequently emailed 1k Voice which confirmed this as the official policy. I found it interested they actually confirmed this, but it was nice they at least gave me a concrete answer.

Has anyone else received pushback or denials getting snack boxes in first on short UX flights? I flat out refuse to eat the snack mix despite them sourcing it a few miles from my childhood hometown so without a snack box the only value of first over coach is the slightly larger seat.
It has ALWAYS been the policy even before the merger, you just got lucky and seems to be spoiled by that.

Originally Posted by DavidRS4
I think its another example of United devaluing first class (even more). First they make the seats smaller on the new 737 and now they don't even give food on short flights?
What do you mean by now ?

Seriously, how long have you not flown a UX flight under 500 miles ?

Even before the merger, it was ALWAYS a pack of snack mix or pretzel mix for any UX flights in F under 500 miles ! The policy was established when PMUA introduced F and E+ on E70 and CR7 which called "explus", do you even remembered that ?

So don't bring up the devalue first class BS if you haven't flown one for a long time !

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 16, 2014 at 11:09 pm
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:42 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Exclamation Moderation Alert

Hi Everyone:

I just cleaned up a side discussion about WiFi availability and pricing in this thread. Please remember to stay on topic; thanks.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.