Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why offer OLCI when it will fail - "documents need to be verified"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why offer OLCI when it will fail - "documents need to be verified"?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by emcampbe
PR card holders used to be a problem for inbound US flights. While an agent once told me the ability to not get a BP for those on a PR card was random, it most certainly was not for my wife, who got the "this is not a BP" consistently for a year or so (but was able to check in online for flights to other destinations - Canada, Mexico, etc.). One day that all changed, and OLCI inbound to the US has not been a problem since (fingers crossed). I'm 99.9999% sure that's not random, and something changed at some point to allow PR card holders to check in inbound to the US.
OK, glossary says PR=Philippine Airlines. I gather that PR means something else here. Help, please?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by 747FC
OK, glossary says PR=Philippine Airlines. I gather that PR means something else here. Help, please?
Permanent Resident - aka "Green card" (which is nt green).
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Thanks. I was ready to sign up for a new program!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I believe that has changed now. My green card was issued a few years ago and is green (which was unexpected because I had heard they weren't green - part of me was concerned it wasn't real LOL)
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
I believe that has changed now. My green card was issued a few years ago and is green (which was unexpected because I had heard they weren't green - part of me was concerned it wasn't real LOL)
I guess I need to have a closer look at my SO's ... I do know that it's shiny on the back and that UA always seems to want t see it despite having seen it many many times already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.