Wiki Posts
Search

United objects to PANYNJ costs at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:42 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
$242k a year is a bit out of control for salary. thats more than i will ever see in my life time. I think firefighters do deserve a good salary just not something like that.
It's not uncommon for police officers (and firefighters) to make a fortune in overtime. One officer I worked with in the Bay Area made $221,000 just in overtime last year- 2,400 hours of overtime - with a total salary (not including benefits) of $349,000. The next three after him made over $100,000 in overtime. I was just looking at an article where a BART employee made $95,000 in overtime. Just depends how available you want to make yourself.

A top step PATH police officer makes $90,000 a year in salary.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Originally Posted by pauljacobson958
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is firing back with both barrels at UA over the airline's recent complaint to the FAA about excessive fees at EWR and allegations that the Authority was diverting some of those fees to non-airport expenses. Here's a link to the story.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...k_airport.html
"Degnan, a Christie appointee, said United used its dominance of Newark Liberty to keep its ticket prices high, and that it deliberately minimized competition from other carriers. For example, Degnan said United had more than 60 flight slots at Newark permitted by the FAA that it was neither using for its own flights or allowing to be used by other carriers.
"It was factually wrong, it was disingenuous."

"United has a virtual monopoly at Newark Liberty," said Degnan, noting that the airport was one of the most expensive in the country to fly out of. "We believe that Newark is the most profitable airport in the United system.""

In other words: you guys are gauging the customers and making $$$. We'll take a part of that.

On this, the Port Authority is correct. Prices to EWR were exhorbitant last time I checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.