Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What are the valid reasons for UX gate checked bags to be delivered to baggage claim?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the valid reasons for UX gate checked bags to be delivered to baggage claim?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Is there an issue or a future concern you have? I have never experienced this problem and am curious what has motivated these questions? I serious doubt this would occur for green tag items at any significant airport due to connecting flights so it seems a small outstation is the only potential situation.
It happened to me upon arrival to a station in the south. Reasons given were "don't want to get the bags wet" (but it was not raining) to "rain might come in a hurry any time" (but my iPhone said 0 chance of rain at that hour). It seemed the real reason was it was too cold (46 F) by their standard so they decided to do it this way. I think I have had it happen to me once all these years flying UAX so I am curious...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.