Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Purchasing (Cash/Award) AC Premium Economy on UA ticket stock (016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchasing (Cash/Award) AC Premium Economy on UA ticket stock (016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Responding to the above, how much different is this from a simple code share? Also, isn't there a JV TATL so UA gets the $ anyway? Further, why would AC be different that LH re the other PE thread has plenty of reported success booking LH on 016 stock, even having UA agents do it (noting that the reports indicate having a UA segments makes it easier).

Cheers
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:41 am

Air Canada Premium Economy Award with United miles

Is there a way to book Premium Economy with Air Canada using United miles? Looking for SYD/BNE to YFR. I was able to get Business going YFR to SYD in the other direction but with no option of that on the return was wondering if I could somehow get a premium economy ticket.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by stulincoln
Is there a way to book Premium Economy with Air Canada using United miles? Looking for SYD/BNE to YFR. I was able to get Business going YFR to SYD in the other direction but with no option of that on the return was wondering if I could somehow get a premium economy ticket.
With miles, no. United doesn’t offer Premium Economy awards.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by sannmann

With miles, no. United doesn’t offer Premium Economy awards.
This may change in the fall when UA announces how its own PE product will integrate with MP.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:05 am

The flight is early December and I also have a couple of GPU's. Should I go ahead and use one of them or hold out for more awards to open up? My eventual stop is Phoenix and there seems to be a lot of business class available SYD-LAX or SYD-SFO.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stulincoln
The flight is early December and I also have a couple of GPU's. Should I go ahead and use one of them or hold out for more awards to open up? My eventual stop is Phoenix and there seems to be a lot of business class available SYD-LAX or SYD-SFO.
if you can confirm with a GPU .... do that! No sense in messing around with pre eco IMO
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:45 am

Just checked again, looks like both LAX and SFO waitlisted. Both flights have around 25% fill of seats so far. Perhaps I will wait out a couple of more weeks.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Hi there,

I see 9 "N" class availability in Expertflyer for Air Canada Premium Economy Award tickets. United
reservations does not see these. Does that mean that they are only available for AC frequent
flyers ? Is there a way to book these with United miles ?

Thanks in advance for your responses...
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyalways
Hi there,

I see 9 "N" class availability in Expertflyer for Air Canada Premium Economy Award tickets. United
reservations does not see these. Does that mean that they are only available for AC frequent
flyers ? Is there a way to book these with United miles ?

Thanks in advance for your responses...
There is currently no way to book Premium Economy awards on any carrier with United miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.