Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Purchasing (Cash/Award) AC Premium Economy on UA ticket stock (016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchasing (Cash/Award) AC Premium Economy on UA ticket stock (016)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 3:13 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Tizzette
It isn't just AC that won't let you buy up to their version of Economy Comfort if you are on an award ticket booked through United. If anybody knows a United partner airline that will allow this, please post it.
I was recently able to purchase an exit row on SQ on a UA award ticket. It took a few calls but they were able to issue an EMD (new way of collecting change fees) which was issued on SQ stock. In the end, I had the UA ticket for the primary ticket and the SQ ticket for the additional fee for the exit row.

I just ran into the same problem of the OP of trying to get the exit row on a UA award ticket with an AC flight. Pretty crazy they can't make their systems work - we want to pay them money for the exit row!!! Now patiently waiting in the hope a UA flight opens up to switch to....
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:18 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Didn't want to start a new thread as it related to Air Canada Premium Economy...

Is it possible to book a PE award ticket via United miles on AC? When I search KVS it tells me there is WS+ available for my flights/dates and I wouldn't be opposed to that.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyKid
Didn't want to start a new thread as it related to Air Canada Premium Economy...

Is it possible to book a PE award ticket via United miles on AC? When I search KVS it tells me there is WS+ available for my flights/dates and I wouldn't be opposed to that.
No, it is not. It's next to impossible to even plate a revenue 016 ticket on partner premium economy.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Platinum, AA Exec Plat
UA Ticket Stock- Flying on Air Canada to IST- Upgrade to Economy Comfort

This forum has been a lifesaver! First post here, so take it a little easy!

Wanting to fly to IST from ABQ at the end of June. Have flown TK out of LA a few times in economy comfort, but see a very good deal through UA's website in economy from ABQ to DEN to YYZ on UA and then fly AC to IST on a 787.

The question is this- if I buy on UA ticket stock, is there a way to upgrade that ticket to AC's premium economy class? Has anyone ever done this?

I can buy the same ticket on ACs website and it will cost twice as much, but of course include the premium economy portion from YYZ to IST. It will also add cost because it adds the cost of Economy Plus for United. I am UA Gold so I don't need to pay for that.

Hopefully, I am making some sense... If anyone has a better and cost effective way to fly economy comfort to IST from ABQ, I am all ears! Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Buying a PE ticket from AC will not get you E+ on UA segments, so you're not paying for it twice.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tpwoofs
if I buy on UA ticket stock, is there a way to upgrade that ticket to AC's premium economy class?
I do not believe that is possible.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
This forum has been a lifesaver! First post here, so take it a little easy!

Wanting to fly to IST from ABQ at the end of June. ...

Hopefully, I am making some sense... If anyone has a better and cost effective way to fly economy comfort to IST from ABQ, I am all ears! Thanks in advance.
Have you checked through an ITA like Expedia, or Google Flights? I find ITAs are much better for premium or mixed cabin travel on more than one carrier.

For example, I booked a spring TATL business trip in AC J and OS J for C$2,800 from YVR. Ticket was issued by LH. I never would have gotten this fare booking through AC, OS, or UA for that matter. And I never would have thought to book on LH's web site for a trip that uses none of their metal.

So if PQD is not a priority at this time, my advice is to check your options with ITAs.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I can buy the same ticket on ACs website and it will cost twice as much, but of course include the premium economy portion from YYZ to IST. It will also add cost because it adds the cost of Economy Plus for United. I am UA Gold so I don't need to pay for that.
Assuming your profile noting you are gold through UA is correct, E+ is free on UA operated segments, no matter who you purchase it through. If buying from AC, simply find out the UA PNR, and then you can use that to tie it to your account online and select free E+ seats.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
OP, what sorts of prices are you getting? YVR often has a lot of great deals to places in Europe. I used Kayak for the last week fo June to the 2nd week of July and I saw prices for prem Y of around $1,200-1,500 RT on various carriers. (These all involve connections in regular Y and of course, you would have to get yourself to YVR from your starting point, so that adds cost, time and complexity.)

Also check out business; I see one stops on LH for about $2,700.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:02 am
mp2

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold
I have tried this before. I think if you buy a PE ticket from AC, then it books you on United using the Y or B fare class. This may give you Economy Plus for free on United, or even get an instant upgrade if you are with relevant status on United.

I've noticed this happen when United is part of a PE segment ticketed by AC, however it happens only on domestic or US - Canada segments, and not on international UA codeshared segments.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:58 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The question is this- if I buy on UA ticket stock, is there a way to upgrade that ticket to AC's premium economy class? Has anyone ever done this?
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I do not believe that is possible.
mahasamatman is correct, the only way to buy a ticket from United for PE on AC is to buy that exact fare on UA. You can not use UA upgrade mechanisms for AC flights... just like we can't use our eUpgrades from AC to upgrade on UA segments.

Or... buy a Y/B fare from United on that AC flight, and use a SAUA (https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...rade/saua.aspx)
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:54 pm

UA miles on AC

Is there a way to book premium economy seat on AC using UA miles? I see there is award availability on AC PE flight using Aeroplan but how do you book such a flight? Can you call it in or UA just can't see PE seats
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by canadianidol
Is there a way to book premium economy seat on AC using UA miles?
No.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: UA AA and more
Premium Economy on AC using UA miles

Is there a way to get a UA reward flight on AC where they have *real* prem-econ and be seated there?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by lksf
Is there a way to get a UA reward flight on AC where they have *real* prem-econ and be seated there?
No. It's at present impossible to redeem UA miles for *A carriers' PE cabins. It's a huge frustration, especially since so many *A carriers besides AC now have great PE products.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 27, 2016 at 11:36 am Reason: removed moot comment after title update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.