Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Twitter response time

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Muerz
Usually have good experiences using United Twitter but I am now waiting for 34hrs! Is this the norm now?
Depends on the question many times. If it is not 'I need help with my immediate reservation' you may not get a quick or a response at all.

I'd tweet them again noting it was a second tweet.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:46 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Muerz
Usually have good experiences using United Twitter but I am now waiting for 34hrs! Is this the norm now?
If you are @wandrMe, you get a sycophantic response from @united almost instantaneously. Seth is da man!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:51 am
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
I've had a generally positive experience with them although I think it's gotten worse as of late. I am guessing much of that is just the shear volume of tweets and requests for help they are receiving. Two years ago I could tweet them and get an immediate response and they would do just about anything you asked them short getting to fly the plane. I think the volume of tweets that they receive has exponentially grown.

I have noticed that they make it a point to respond to every tweet that mention's United, especially in a negative way (delay, lost bag, etc.), asking them to follow and then DM. If you need immediate, like truly immediate, assistance then Twitter isn't very advantageous most of the time. If you're trying to snag the last seat on a flight you're definitely better off calling because by the time a Twitter agent gets to you I would think your chances are slim of that seat being available.

Interestingly, I had a very comical discussion with a surly Premier desk service director who was scolding me for taking "advice" from someone on Twitter. I asked her if she knew that United had a whole social media team that handled customer issues, etc. and she said "no, but I am going to look into it."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.