Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted: Enjoy double Premier qualifying miles as a thank you from United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: Enjoy double Premier qualifying miles as a thank you from United

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I guess if you are booking those kind a fares often, you may need some PQMs. Doesn't matter for me though, I never seem to be targeted.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by ani90
Strange offer if 'targeted'. Why would they offer extra PQMS to someone who already is maximum status? I know one can get extra RPUS or GPUs but seems soft incentive.
There was no offer of PQM, RDM only

Originally Posted by Wickersley
I too received the offer:

2014 PQM: 119K
Survey: Yes

Offer:
2 UA passes or 1 RPU
x2 RDM
Other T&C as per above
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:22 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eng3
I guess if you are booking those kind a fares often, you may need some PQMs. Doesn't matter for me though, I never seem to be targeted.
Depends on the fares and the distance. There are (regular) discount F and C fares which run only a hair over 10cpm when you factor in the COS PQM bonus.

Admittedly, these probably aren't common, but I've seen several fares to South America which are -UP fares booking into P which will earn ~15k PQM for $1.5k, for example.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
What does the second section in this condition mean?

Originally Posted by jlivengo

Terms and conditions:

8. Maximum bonus that may be earned is 25,000 Premier qualifying miles in accordance with these terms and conditions. Bonus Premier qualifying miles alone will not result in Premier status qualification, and participating members must meet all applicable qualification requirements for higher Premier status.
It seems nonsensical, because by definition, if you're earning bonus PQM then you are also earning base PQM, so you can't have "Bonus PQM alone." It can't possibly mean that you can't cross a status threshold on bonus miles, or of course that would defeat the purpose. I guess it means that you still have meet the PQD and UA segment requirements; but the first half of the sentence adds nothing then.

And I love this tautology:

Originally Posted by jlivengo

Terms and conditions:

12. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
By the way, I didn't receive the offer, though could use it. 1K sitting on around 60K PQM; it will be a struggle to re-qualify. I'd probably consider an up-fare to M/E (if I could clear a GPU at booking) or maybe Z/P on a BAH trip to the west coast for an extra 18K PQM or so; probably cheaper than Premier Accelerator.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
no love, could care less, i hope by now they've figured out i'm 100% done and stop clogging my inbox with this stuff.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mecabq
What does the second section in this condition mean?

It seems nonsensical, because by definition, if you're earning bonus PQM then you are also earning base PQM, so you can't have "Bonus PQM alone." It can't possibly mean that you can't cross a status threshold on bonus miles, or of course that would defeat the purpose. I guess it means that you still have meet the PQD and UA segment requirements; but the first half of the sentence adds nothing then.
...Your second point. It is just additional wording to make it clear that while PQM's are great you still need to hit the PQD thresholds to make a particular status.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:01 pm

It does make you wonder what their algorithm is to send out this offer. I'm a 15 year 1K just under 2MM. Had enough and moved over to AA via an Exec Plat challenge. My current numbers on UA are 6,272 PQM, 9 PQS, $1,166 PQD, I would think I'm perfect for a targeted offer. Just exactly who are they targeting?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA IK, Hyatt Plat, Avis PP
Originally Posted by ORD1Kguy
It does make you wonder what their algorithm is to send out this offer. I'm a 15 year 1K just under 2MM. Had enough and moved over to AA via an Exec Plat challenge. My current numbers on UA are 6,272 PQM, 9 PQS, $1,166 PQD, I would think I'm perfect for a targeted offer. Just exactly who are they targeting?
No idea, I haven't received any targeted offers since the merger. This one was a shock to me. Unfortunately corp policy says I have to book the cheapest fare class. Often W or higher as I'm usually booking within 2 weeks. Not M, E however. Maybe they think I would be enticed to plus up?

My travel is also SE Asia with plenty of cheap(er) fares this time of year.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Question

Did you get the survey?

(With 9 segments; gotta ask, even if unlikely)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
I received the double RDM offer, with eligible fare classes down to H. Perfect timing, since just the week before I'd finished booking my flights through October.

I'm a 1k sitting at 59k PQM, >10k PQD, pretty close to where I was last year. OCTeckels has similar situation and didn't get the offer. The only difference is that I did the survey a few weeks ago.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:13 pm

Sorry, didn't clarify I guess, no I didn't. Given the dramatic falloff in my flying you'd think I now land squarely in their sites for this type of offer. Ah, who am I kidding.

Originally Posted by Wickersley
Did you get the survey?

(With 9 segments; gotta ask, even if unlikely)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
I'm bummed its strictly for "roundtrip" flights only. I have a potential India trip coming up with stops in Europe and a double PQM on any segment flight would entice me to actually fly United as much as I could. Because of this roundtrip thing, I'm looking to fly the best Star Alliance carrier I can and forget United unless it just make plane sense.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA MM
My variant of the offer (I'm Gold, flying about as much as last year I think) is for award miles but apparently not PQMs. Same restricted fare classes which makes it unlikely that I will collect but I registered.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Nada here too, 7 year 1K with very similar numbers this year to you this year. And I purchased plenty of the eligible fares last year.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Platinum, Marriot Gold, Delta Platinum
Guess I have too many PQM with United... 91K so far

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.