FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted: Enjoy double Premier qualifying miles as a thank you from United
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:42 am
mecabq

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
What does the second section in this condition mean?

Originally Posted by jlivengo

Terms and conditions:

8. Maximum bonus that may be earned is 25,000 Premier qualifying miles in accordance with these terms and conditions. Bonus Premier qualifying miles alone will not result in Premier status qualification, and participating members must meet all applicable qualification requirements for higher Premier status.
It seems nonsensical, because by definition, if you're earning bonus PQM then you are also earning base PQM, so you can't have "Bonus PQM alone." It can't possibly mean that you can't cross a status threshold on bonus miles, or of course that would defeat the purpose. I guess it means that you still have meet the PQD and UA segment requirements; but the first half of the sentence adds nothing then.

And I love this tautology:

Originally Posted by jlivengo

Terms and conditions:

12. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
By the way, I didn't receive the offer, though could use it. 1K sitting on around 60K PQM; it will be a struggle to re-qualify. I'd probably consider an up-fare to M/E (if I could clear a GPU at booking) or maybe Z/P on a BAH trip to the west coast for an extra 18K PQM or so; probably cheaper than Premier Accelerator.