Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted: Enjoy double Premier qualifying miles as a thank you from United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA IK, Hyatt Plat, Avis PP

Just received a targeted double PQM from United. Probably the first I've received in years. 1K with ~50K PQM this year, another trip booked in a few weeks. Pretty useless because of the fare class restrictions though.

http://news.united.com/servlet/forml...w9GV8RRRRRDUWY

Terms and conditions:

1. Only original recipients of the invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete paid, qualifying roundtrip travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by August 31, 2014.
3. Ticketing dates: July 22, 2014 – October 31, 2014.
4. Complete travel between: August 1, 2014 – October 31, 2014.
5. Offer is valid on paid roundtrips booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, and E fare classes.
6. Double Premier qualifying miles is defined as two Premier qualifying miles for each base Premier qualifying mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period.
7. For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel from the destination city back to the origin city, with all flight segments operated by United or United Express. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way trips, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
8. Maximum bonus that may be earned is 25,000 Premier qualifying miles in accordance with these terms and conditions. Bonus Premier qualifying miles alone will not result in Premier status qualification, and participating members must meet all applicable qualification requirements for higher Premier status.
9. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
10. The offer is not valid on government fares.
11. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
12. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
13. Bonus Premier qualifying miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
14. This offer does not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.
15. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
16. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
17. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.

See additional MileagePlus terms and conditions.

TDC731
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by jlivengo
Pretty useless because of the fare class restrictions though.
For high spenders. Perhaps folks who buy high buckets but won't have enough PQMs @:-)
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:58 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Wish they'd offered it to me. It would make up for a P-fared trip to LIM I had to cancel earlier this year (with which I'd have 1K already locked up; now, I have Q4 to accumulate the ~15k PQM & $1k PQD I'd have earned). With this offer, I could do it with one discount F transcon, basically.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:01 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
How were you doing on PQMs last year at this time? How are you doing on PQDs this year? Perhaps UA is looking at persons' PQMs, and thinking that they may be short on PQMs is enticing them to spend with this offer. After all, what does it cost them to get you to spend more?

Last edited by mkr; Jul 22, 2014 at 7:19 pm
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:07 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
UGH... I cannot remember the last time I received any sort of targeted offer. Feels like it's been years
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
No luck here. 1K this year with 13K PQD, 43K PQM and about 4K PQD booked, guess they figure they have me.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:10 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mkr
How were you doing on PQMs last year at this time? How are you doing on PQDs this year? Perhaps UA is looking persons' PQMs, and thinking that they may be short on PQMs is enticing them to spend with this offer. After all, what does it cost them to get you to spend more?
I'm actually surprised not to have gotten much in the way of targeted offers. I went almost an entire quarter without a single UA flight this year. I did cancel three itins in that quarter, FWIW.

I'm on right on track, both for PQM and PQD, for this time of year, though, and perhaps a bit ahead of where I was this time last year in terms of PQM--but with less spending.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by superEGO
UGH... I cannot remember the last time I received any sort of targeted offer. Feels like it's been years
same here: always the bridesmaid and never the bride!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by boss315
same here: always the bridesmaid and never the bride!
Me too!

If I go two weeks without staying at Marriott I get an email asking if I am ok (got one today as I have been travelling in Slovenia and Croatia lately - No marriots there lol). I am lifetime Platinum with Marriott and they treat me like they care - never once have I received anything from UA - even though my spending is way down this year (will still make GS again) - it's like they just assume I am all theirs...
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
of course nothing for me....
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA IK, Hyatt Plat, Avis PP
Originally Posted by mkr
How were you doing on PQMs last year at this time? How are you doing on PQDs this year? Perhaps UA is looking at persons' PQMs, and thinking that they may be short on PQMs is enticing them to spend with this offer. After all, what does it cost them to get you to spend more?
I have certainly cut back my travel to match United's cut backs in service. Not worth chasing 1K anymore. I think I was at 80K this time last year, haven't flown since mid-March this year. I fly a lot of last minute travel, sometimes with a higher fare class (M, E). Pretty rare though, never purchase BF.

Purchased tickets over the phone last week and I spoke with 3 different agent and all 3 worked from home and complained about SMI to me. They even said the reduction in R inventory was purely to sell more tickets and apologized for not having open space. Not a secret but I never brought up the issue, they did. I'd have more sympathy if the first agent didn't screw up my fare class (GPU - W) by not paying attention, instead moaning about the current state of things.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Not eligible, was worth a try I guess!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by jlivengo
Just received a targeted double PQM from United. Probably the first I've received in years. 1K with ~50K PQM this year, another trip booked in a few weeks. Pretty useless because of the fare class restrictions though.

http://news.united.com/servlet/forml...w9GV8RRRRRDUWY

Terms and conditions:

1. Only original recipients of the invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete paid, qualifying roundtrip travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by August 31, 2014.
5. Offer is valid on paid roundtrips booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, and E fare classes.
6. Double Premier qualifying miles is defined as two Premier qualifying miles for each base Premier qualifying mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period.
7. For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel from the destination city back to the origin city, with all flight segments operated by United or United Express. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way trips, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
8. Maximum bonus that may be earned is 25,000 Premier qualifying miles in accordance with these terms and conditions. Bonus Premier qualifying miles alone will not result in Premier status qualification, and participating members must meet all applicable qualification requirements for higher Premier status.
9. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
11. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
13. Bonus Premier qualifying miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
14. This offer does not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.
15. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
17. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.

TDC731
Got a similar offer today except just award miles and not PQM. Also 1K but about 80,000 PQM this year. I suppose in some ways appropriately targeted as PQMs may be seen as more value for you and award miles more value to me at this point.

For a limited time, earn double award miles when you fly United.

Terms and conditions:

6. Double award miles is defined as two award miles for each base award mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period.
8. Bonus miles may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
13. Bonus miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
14. This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.

TDC721
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Nothing for me either, definitely behind by about 30k EQM's as compared to last year and I just took an Exec Plat status match from AA. I thoughtfully let UA know that it was too bad that they are losing out on some P/Z HKG trips.

Oh well, SMI/J has it all figured out.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by superEGO
Ditto. I'm 1k w/ 45k PQM and 6k PQD to date, nothing booked. I would think that would put me in a sweet spot for enticement, but maybe they have me figured out. Or, I've wondered at times whether as a SLC based flyer they've just decided not to care what I do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.