Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What is your CPU success IAH-DEN Dreamliner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your CPU success IAH-DEN Dreamliner?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:55 am

It sounds like this is an important upgrade for the OP due to the fact there's an elderly relative coming along. While I would never burn an RPU on an IAH-DEN flight, I would bend that rule or just pay up for the First class fare if my grandmother was coming along. She never flies and it would be a nice memory and experience. Confirm yourself now so you can quit worrying about it.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:10 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by uthornsgo
It sounds like this is an important upgrade for the OP due to the fact there's an elderly relative coming along. While I would never burn an RPU on an IAH-DEN flight, I would bend that rule or just pay up for the First class fare if my grandmother was coming along. She never flies and it would be a nice memory and experience. Confirm yourself now so you can quit worrying about it.
uthornsgo, Thanks for your advice. I appreciate your concern for my relative. I will take it into consideration. I still have time to wait until closer to October.

I am aware of other options for getting into First Class and will make a decision when needed.

On a side note, your UT Longhorns did well on their Final Four appearance in the College World Series with mostly freshmen and sophomores on the team. They lost by inches to a strong Vanderbilt team, which looks like it may win the National Championship. They will have a seasoned team next year.

Last edited by mkr; Jun 24, 2014 at 8:40 am Reason: spellin',clarity
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:20 am

This thread is ... interesting.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Gunner14
This thread is ... interesting.
Indeed...

mkr: With respect, you seem to be trying to conduct this thread like an orchestra conductor, but that's not really how FT works. Let the thread move as it will, let people contribute their experiences as they will, and it'll all be okay. There's no need to give long responses explaining that, yes, thanks for the input, but no, that's not interesting, and I was actually talking to XYZ user instead.

You also seem really obsessed with experiences. And collecting experiences is a great benefit of FT. But in some cases, just doing the searches provides more useful information. For example, as I pointed out above, there is no need to ask people how it's possible to find G availability on the IAH-DEN route -- a quick search reveals plenty of it in November, for example.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Indeed...

mkr: With respect, you seem to be trying to conduct this thread like an orchestra conductor, but that's not really how FT works. Let the thread move as it will, let people contribute their experiences as they will, and it'll all be okay. There's no need to give long responses explaining that, yes, thanks for the input, but no, that's not interesting, and I was actually talking to XYZ user instead.

You also seem really obsessed with experiences. And collecting experiences is a great benefit of FT. But in some cases, just doing the searches provides more useful information. For example, as I pointed out above, there is no need to ask people how it's possible to find G availability on the IAH-DEN route -- a quick search reveals plenty of it in November, for example.
+1....odd thread, not necessarily odd in a bad way....just odd
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:38 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Indeed...

You also seem really obsessed with experiences. And collecting experiences is a great benefit of FT. But in some cases, just doing the searches provides more useful information. For example, as I pointed out above, there is no need to ask people how it's possible to find G
availability
on the IAH-DEN route -- a quick search reveals plenty of it in November, for example.
mgcsinc, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry if I have offended you or anyone else. It is not my intent. And I do not think that I am trying to manage this thread, although you seem to think so. I have asked for clarifications from some persons.

Some information cannot be obtained from searches, like CPU success. Therefore, persons' reported experiences are what are needed.

In regards to G availability, I am aware of how to search for it.
However, it does not show up in October, for Thursdays, for the Dreamliner,IAH-DEN, which is what I had asked. You likely missed that part and did just a general search for G fares, and you cited November. But I am not looking to fly in November, as I clearly mentioned in the beginning.

G does show up for sale for some Wednesdays and Saturdays for the Dreamliner. That is a recent occurrence since I had previously checked. I am unable to fly on Saturdays, and limited Wednesdays.

What I was hoping to find out from this thread is what are persons' experiences with CPUs on which fares, and on which days. If not many report CPUs on G fares, then that is useful information. Whether UA sells the lower fare seats when I can travel remains to be seen. I have to keep watching.

Last edited by mkr; Jun 24, 2014 at 11:48 am Reason: clarity
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by mkr
Thanks DENflyer. Your information adds insight. I hope that many more persons will post their CPU success on the IAH-DEN Dreamliner. A larger reported sample will give us all a better picture of CPU success.

You did not remark to my question about complimentary companion upgrades.

You also did not indicate if a lot of persons cleared the Upgrade list on the day of the flight. Can you enlighten us with your experience?
I have only flown with companions twice on that route. The first time I had two co-workers, and just paid approximately $110 for the upgrades. The second time it was a last minute change on a cancellation through ORD, we cleared at about t-10, instantaneously.

I have never counted the total upgrades but there are 36 bizfirst seats on the dreamliner, I would say there are usually about 30 upgrades on that route depending on the day. In my opinion, it is not a route that a lot of people are paying for first on, but the flights are usually pretty full.

If the buy up right now is low $100's I would say purchase it and take the stress out, also keep in mind, that if you and grandma clear late, there is a chance you will not be sitting together, she may not like that.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:57 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I have only flown with companions twice on that route. The first time I had two co-workers, and just paid approximately $110 for the upgrades. The second time it was a last minute change on a cancellation through ORD, we cleared at about t-10, instantaneously.

I have never counted the total upgrades but there are 36 bizfirst seats on the dreamliner, I would say there are usually about 30 upgrades on that route depending on the day. In my opinion, it is not a route that a lot of people are paying for first on, but the flights are usually pretty full.

If the buy up right now is low $100's I would say purchase it and take the stress out, also keep in mind, that if you and grandma clear late, there is a chance you will not be sitting together, she may not like that.
Thanks DENflyer3. Your report seems to indicate CPU space. I want to wait some more to see what others report for their CPU experience on this Dreamliner, fares upgraded on, when, etc.

Last time I checked, the buyup to First for me as a 1K was $471 from a T fare. The buyup price is also $471 for anyone from a T fare. I'm on personal spend for this trip and $471 is out of my range. A oneway IAH-DEN ticket costs more than the RT for this flight. I'm looking at dates I can fly, and if I can use the RT

So I will wait, and watch, and hope for more feedback from others on their CPU success on this flight.

By the way, my grandmother is not my companion, but I appreciate your concern.

uthornsgo brought up what HE would do if he was taking his grandmother on this flight.

So I will continue to monitor prices and responses about CPUs.

Last edited by mkr; Jun 24, 2014 at 1:07 pm Reason: spellin', clarity
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Now 3 for 4

I missed the UG on my IAH-DEN 787 flight a few days ago (T-fare), so I am now 3/4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.