Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What is your CPU success IAH-DEN Dreamliner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your CPU success IAH-DEN Dreamliner?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mkr
Thanks Bonehead. I appreciate the input from a Premier Platinum (according to your FTer profile). Yes, I have monitored the First Class upgrade lists on IAH-DEN Dreamliner, and also return, and have noticed very many persons on the lists.

That is what prompted me to begin this thread.

HOWEVER, as I noted in the beginning of this thread, I am asking SPECIFICALLY for the recent CPU experiences of 1Ks on the IAH-DEN Dreamliner, whom as you are aware would be given a CPU before Platinums.

I also am asking 1Ks with their experience with complimentary companion upgrades on this IAH-DEN leg.
Try to take it a bit easy with the nitpicking. All this info is useful to you, so embrace it. If you insist on a narrow set of reports, your thread will die a rapid death.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mkr
Thanks MatthewLAX, for your reply. What was your fare code?
L
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So if a Platinum, Gold or Silver get a CPU on this you don't care? Seems narrow minded to me. If they are getting CPU's on this it would stand to reason a 1K would too. And might even give a clearer picture on ease or difficulty of CPU's on this flight.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
1 for 1, 3 days in advance on a K fare (lowest of low)
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
There are two paid fare classes lower than K these days.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
There are two paid fare classes lower than K these days.
When I'm on a K, I feel like I'm livin' large!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
When I'm on a K, I feel like I'm livin' large!
I did, too, until this summer hit.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I did, too, until this summer hit.
advanced purchases on Delta were still $130 for transcon one ways purchased back in January/February

the December 26th DL firesale didn't hurt either.

that being said we are just flying less. now that's a change i like! ^
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Try to take it a bit easy with the nitpicking. All this info is useful to you, so embrace it. If you insist on a narrow set of reports, your thread will die a rapid death.
In all my years on FT I've never been scolded for offering relevant information. OP is a piece of work.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:34 pm
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by Bonehead
In all my years on FT I've never been scolded for offering relevant information. OP is a piece of work.
Thanks Bonehead. It was not my intention to scold you. I apologize if it came across that way to you.

Anyway, you advised me to buy a P fare, but did not give me any if your CPU experience. Did you have any CPUs on this route?

Last edited by mkr; Jun 23, 2014 at 5:49 pm Reason: spellin'
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:42 pm
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by Baze
So if a Platinum, Gold or Silver get a CPU on this you don't care? Seems narrow minded to me. If they are getting CPU's on this it would stand to reason a 1K would too. And might even give a clearer picture on ease or difficulty of CPU's on this flight.
Yes, it would be great if Plats and Golds report a good success rate on CPUs. I have been watching these IAH to DEN flights and the Upgrade standby lists have been very full. I did not think it was likely that Plats & Golds would get many CPUs. But you are correct, Baze, that if Plats and Golds are getting them, then 1Ks would. I did not intend to offend anyone, so I apologize.

Last edited by mkr; Jun 23, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:47 pm
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Thanks rankourabu. Do you recall the day of the week?

Mods, I am having trouble merging my posts. My smartphone is not so smart, and I am not as smart as my phone.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mkr
... Did you have any CPUs on this route?
I always buy P fares. That's why it's a very tough upgrade...lots of paid FC (us oil pigs) and -UP fares. My 1K buddy has missed the CPU on the 788 several times and has gotten one in the last year, IIRC.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
P fares on IAH-DEN are often availabe for about tne price of mid-level economy fares so IAH-DEN is a surprisingly tough ugrade.

I am 100% on tne route as a GS, but I am 100% on many routes, so tne first bit of information is likely more important.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
5/11 (Sunday) L Fare upgraded at 96 Hour Sweep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.