Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA transfer desk (airside in SIN? Overnight connection from other airline)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA transfer desk (airside in SIN? Overnight connection from other airline)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goingbananas
I have on several occasions walking by while flying SQ (I am through SIN at least 10x a year...not on UA anymore). Speaking of that, I was flying with colleagues the other month. Both flying on UA transiting. One, decided to do what I mentioned (done this many times in the past when I flew UA) about going through immigration the other waited for the transit desk. I told them to meet me in the SK lounge. Guess which one made it up there first? The one that went through immigration.....YMMV....
If the OP arrives the night before, I don't believe the UA tkt counter will be open. If he doesn't have an official BP, (and I've read on these forums BPs printed out from OLCI will not work), he will not be able to get back airside to stay at the Transit Hotel.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: UA GS
Just did this exact same thing last month -- KUL to SIN, stay at T3 transit hotel overnight, then on to UA SIN-NRT. Flight from KUL arrived 2230, did some minor gift shopping, in bed by 2330, then up at 0400 for quick shower, to the SQ lounge for a quick bite, at the gate by 0515 for 0600 departure. UA transit counter was not open the night before but had no one there at 0430, so getting a boarding pass was super easy.

MI, my carrier from KUL-SIN, did not offer me a UA BP in KUL, so I had to use the UA transit counter.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by harryhood
Just did this exact same thing last month -- KUL to SIN, stay at T3 transit hotel overnight, then on to UA SIN-NRT. Flight from KUL arrived 2230, did some minor gift shopping, in bed by 2330, then up at 0400 for quick shower, to the SQ lounge for a quick bite, at the gate by 0515 for 0600 departure. UA transit counter was not open the night before but had no one there at 0430, so getting a boarding pass was super easy.
+1 - While I have seen people in line quite often - it's never been too long...
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:13 pm
sfo
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by harryhood

MI, my carrier from KUL-SIN, did not offer me a UA BP in KUL, so I had to use the UA transit counter.
thanks, this is what I am going to do, I know better that to leave airside and why would I unless I was staying somewhere else besides the T3 transit hotel.

Originally Posted by chavala
If the OP arrives the night before, I don't believe the UA tkt counter will be open. If he doesn't have an official BP, (and I've read on these forums BPs printed out from OLCI will not work), he will not be able to get back airside to stay at the Transit Hotel.
If your staying at the Transit Hotel, you do not leave airside that is generally the reason you stay there.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 7, 2014 at 2:42 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Weird, I have never seen anyone waiting in line at the transfer desk -- I mean nobody as in the agents are just sitting around waiting for the next pax.
If you want to stay at the Transit Hotel do not go thru immigration.
I do this 3-6x a year and it is truly painless. Just swing by the desk on the way to your flight. SIN is the most convenient airport in the world by far.
My experience as well, and ^^ being the most convenient airport in the world.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Right. I am referring to doing that in the am after a transit hotel stay. This is the example I said up thread with my colleagues. It is an option since Changi is so efficient (vs relying on UA to staff the transit desk consistently.....which is UA mantra....being consistently inconsistent...)......
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:50 pm

SIN check in

If I am travelling UA862 departing at 05:45, I know check in counter only opens at 03:30. If I have only with carry on baggage, can I use my online boarding pass to get through security and immigration and stay in the Transit Lounge hotel?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Palermo123
If I am travelling UA862 departing at 05:45, I know check in counter only opens at 03:30. If I have only with carry on baggage, can I use my online boarding pass to get through security and immigration and stay in the Transit Lounge hotel?
Online boarding pass for UA flights isn't supported in SIN due to enhanced security measures/screening.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
If you're in J on a *A airline or otherwise have access to the SilverKris lounge, some people camp out on the couches there. I was there overnight Sun PM/Mon AM and saw them bring a blanket & pillow to someone who wanted to sleep (and ask if he wanted a wake-up call).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.