Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] United Express (UX) route cuts [2014 & onward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 27, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
West Coast route cuts/additions/material changes:

LAX - 8 daily ends 1 daily starts net reduction 7 daily
LAX-PIT (1x daily)
LAX-PDX (2x daily ended)
LAX-SJC (2x daily)
LAX-BFL (Bakersfield, CA) (2x daily ended)
LAX-YLW (1x daily, moved to SFO)
4 gates in Terminal 6 leased to AA (Gates 60-63)
ADDED LAX-MEL (789)
ADDED LAX-MSP (CR7)
LAX-CLD (7x daily ending May 2015)

SFO
SFO-NRT (reduced x1 777/day, switched to HND)
SFO-LMT (Klamath Falls, OR)(ended)
SFO-MOD (Modesto, CA) (ended)
ADDED SFO-HND (1x daily 772, moved from NRT)
ADDED SFO-YLW (1x daily CR2, moved from LAX)
ADDED SFO-ATL (2x daily 738)

Expanded SFO-MSP (previously 1x daily mainline, winter 2x E75, next summer 1x E75 + 1x mainline)
Expanded SFO-STL (previously 1x daily mainline, soon 1xE75 + 1x mainline)
Expanded SFO-RDU 2x daily mainline over the summer

SEA

SEA-NRT (gone)
SEA-GEG (gone)
SEA-ANC (ended)
SEA-CLE (seasonal, gone)

PDX
PDX-SEA (ended)
PDX-EUG (ended)
PDX-RDM (ended)
PDX-CLE (seasonal, gone)
PDX-LMT (Klamath Falls, OR)(ended)

LAS
LAS-FAT (Fresno CA)
LAS-PSP (Palm Springs, CA)
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] United Express (UX) route cuts [2014 & onward]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Sort of related -- Condor announces FRA-PDX service next summer

http://www.condor.com/de/unternehmen...ugplan-auf.jsp
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:22 pm

Mod: Please move as appropriate

Looking at flights out of PDX next April to WAS and typically, I'll see 3 pages of returns (on ITA--even though I always purchase UA). Today, I saw less than one page. It appears that UA is vastly decreasing service out of PDX to the Washington-area airports, a trend I've been noticing.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dcpdxtrans
Mod: Please move as appropriate

Looking at flights out of PDX next April to WAS and typically, I'll see 3 pages of returns (on ITA--even though I always purchase UA). Today, I saw less than one page. It appears that UA is vastly decreasing service out of PDX to the Washington-area airports, a trend I've been noticing.
Multicity is your friend :-:
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Got this email...funny as it's the cxl'd MRY-DEN flight which mucks up ski plans as we used to do DEN-MRY-TEX which was perfect for us.

Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
I find it interesting that with the wave of UAX cuts, CLD-LAX still manages to live, and with a continual supply of EM2s--

And this was from 8/4/2015 (I also checked 4/15/15 and 5/7/15)

Last edited by fgirard; Sep 4, 2014 at 10:27 am Reason: corrected the URL
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by fgirard
I find it interesting that with the wave of UAX cuts, CLD-LAX still manages to live, and with a continual supply of EM2s--

it's a super little airport that i started using a ton this year. after hours rental car return could involve a little less walking, but that's my only complaint. even the tsa guy there has a sense of humor. hopefully CLD sticks around.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:58 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by riphamilton
it's a super little airport that i started using a ton this year. after hours rental car return could involve a little less walking, but that's my only complaint. even the tsa guy there has a sense of humor. hopefully CLD sticks around.
I do, too. But I wish they had better rental facilities as well; at least they have an on-site Hertz now which has Saturday and Sunday hours (last time I flew there, I had to catch a shuttle to a nearby hotel's HLE).
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard

Keep in mind that airlines usually loads schedules far in advance, even if the operating carrier (or UA/DL/AA/etc. that's contracting it) can discontinue a router or service to the airport entirely in a much shorter window. Examples include MRY (where MRY-SFO was the last UA/OO flight). In this case it seems they drop the first/last flight entirely (and present it as a "schedule change"), someone who's actually experienced this will have to comment, but I'd imagine one is entitled to a refund of the OO segment (even if it got you a cheaper married segment originally) if you fight for it.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: Yes.
Originally Posted by riphamilton
Gone as of May 2015
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...g-faa-airline/
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:01 pm

SF0-CEC - Crescent City being axed from April 2015.

Please update sticky as needed
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold
Just found out about United pulling out of CEC and why. I really need service in Southern Oregon and am wondering if ACV and OTH are in trouble also. Will United use CRJs, or is another airline to replace them. Any hope for CEC?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by deatrice
Just found out about United pulling out of CEC and why. I really need service in Southern Oregon and am wondering if ACV and OTH are in trouble also. Will United use CRJs, or is another airline to replace them. Any hope for CEC?
Thanks to Bandon Dunes Golf, I think we (OTH) have enough pull to keep our service. If UA pulls out, DL (to SLC) might pick us up (both use Skywest). The summer flights (twice daily) are usually full. Winter is down to 3 flights a week. Seaport would have difficulty carrying all the golf clubs and their golfers in their little Cessna Caravans if UX pulled out.

MFR (Medford) is another option for Southern Oregon, but driving on US 199 to CEC in the winter doesn't sound fun.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by deatrice
in the other thread, a poster reported that CEC is in conversation with Horizon Air to provide service to the airport. presumably this would be to either SEA or PDX, possibly with a stop elsewhere (OTH?) along the way. there is nothing official out in the public yet.

according to what i have read here and elsewhere, ACV will get CRJ-200 service to SFO, and as far as i know, OTH already has it.

i am bummed that ACV-SMF is gone and i do not expect it to return with CRJ-200.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:23 pm

fingers crossed CEC gets Horizon. I have one last flight out of there in Feb. I like that little airport. Free parking and good old customer service. You have no choice but, to check in with an agent. A blast from the past. ACV being my home airport losing SMF was a very hard loss for government workers. I have a friend who gets to enjoy a 6 hr. drive now. I liked it for easy connections to the east coast.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold
Thanks for a bit more info. I've used Medford a lot, just prefer to stay along the coast. I guess my last UA flight into CEC will be in 3 weeks then I'll probably use ACV. OTH is fine for arrival from my Midwest home but can't connect me to return to Ohio in the same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.