Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
On itins booked via United that include partner flights, the PNR/record locator for "some" partners may be found in the UA online itin
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Here's a screenshot:

Note that on carriers which use Amadeus, the PNR will be the same across all Amadeus carriers. So, for example, on an itinerary with TG and OZ/SQ, if you get the PNR from TG, it will be the same for the OZ/SQ segment (and you can typically pick seats for all flights on the TG website).

If the PNR does not appear, call UA or call the partner with the ticket number, date and flight and you should be able to get it verbally.

04 FEB 2018 - This worked for Singapore Air (SQ): if you cannot locate the SQ PNR via the web, go to the reservation on the United app, and then click Additional information, I was able to find mine there.

Starting last half of 2017, the UA PNR will work on some partner airlines -- LH group (LH, LX, OS, ...), NH/ANA, ....

out of date
Partners PNR/record locator not available:
TG
OZ
OS
BR
SQ
ZH (shows as an "Air China" PNR but is invalid on both CA and ZH websites)
???

In 2019, AC, ....

Print Wikipost

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:44 am

Accessing UA-booked flights on the LX website

Originally Posted by appenzeller
since LX switched their IT often the UA PNR also works as LX PNR

try it - worked for me but does not seem to work for every PNR
So, as of now, the "Show additional confirmation numbers" option on the UA reservation website appears not to be available any longer.

I tried to access my UA award reservation with LX on the LX website using the UA PNR, but had no success. I called UA to get the Amadeus PNR (a fairly quick and efficient call, although I would have preferred to find the information online still). But the LX website apparently still wouldn't let me access my record using the LX PNR. I ended up calling LX to make my C class seat changes.

I subsequently discovered that the problem source, at least in my case, was that I had entered my real first name, rather than the amalgamation of first name and middle initial that UA adopts in its booking record. [In my case, the UA version gives me a sex change, so I don't think to use it.] The LX system isn't forgiving in that regard: you need to use the precise UA record "first name." With that entered, the LX system currently will find the booking using either the UA or LX PNR. And interestingly, when the booking has been found, the LX website shows only the original UA PNR, with no mention anywhere of the Amadeus PNR.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thorgils
So, as of now, the "Show additional confirmation numbers" option on the UA reservation website appears not to be available any longer.
Working for me both on the website and in the app. Although it is showing the number twice.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
Working for me both on the website and in the app. Although it is showing the number twice.
Interesting. One plausible hypothesis is that they no longer bother to show it for bookings with *A partners that can now be accessed using the UA PNR.

I haven't kept up much with developments on the UA website in the last two or three years. There used to be an option to indicate different levels of sophistication (and information detail) in using the website (a holdover, IIRC, from the good old days of pre-website booking using the United Connection software). I went looking for that setting, in case I had been reset as a novice (resulting in my not being offered the alternative PNRs), but it doesn't appear to be there any more.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by heybrian
Go to Manage Reservations and click "More > "
On the next page, click the link: 'View additional confirmation numbers."
Awesome.. Still works. THANK YOU
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by TomMM
Is that because you have different *A carriers in the ticket and the PNR is the same for both of them? I've seen this on some tickets of mine where LH and SN had the same PNR code. At least I think it was LH/SN since they are part of the same group. But I had about 6 *A carriers in that ticket so I'm not sure...including CA, SQ, UA, LH, SN and AC.

But either way...showing up twice is better than not showing up at all. I currently have multiple reservations booked through United.com that include *A carriers and all carrier PNRs are showing.

-RM
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
Austrian Airlines Segment

Earlier this year two of us booked an award using United miles on United and Austrian Airlines. I can view it on United and click on "View additional confirmation numbers" and see a confirmation number for the Austrian Airlines segment.

When I try to enter this confirmation number on the Austrian Airlines web site, nothing is found.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to check on seats and make sure everything is properly confirmed for a trip in a couple of months.

Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richinaz
What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to check on seats and make sure everything is properly confirmed for a trip in a couple of months.

Thanks.
Possibly nothing. UA's partner record locators aren't always accurate. Call OS directly and ask them. With your name and date of travel, they should be able to find you and give you the correct record locator.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Earlier this year two of us booked an award using United miles on United and Austrian Airlines. I can view it on United and click on "View additional confirmation numbers" and see a confirmation number for the Austrian Airlines segment.

When I try to enter this confirmation number on the Austrian Airlines web site, nothing is found.

What am I doing wrong?
You may need to enter your first and middle names together . . . e.g., Smith, Johndavid.

You can also try the Lufthansa website, which is the most functional of all the LH Group websites.
RandomBaritone likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
You may need to enter your first and middle names together . . . e.g., Smith, Johndavid. ....
Most likely this -- you need both the PNR and the name info exactly correct to get it to work
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Just made an award booking on SN metal through .bomb - only a single PNR was issued.

If SN is also using Amadeus (Altea) - as I'm *almost* sure that they are not using SHARES - then United may have already started to transition to Amadeus/Altea now??

Can anyone confirm this?

(Apparently according to Wikipedia, both SWISS (confirmed using a version of Altea - I sighted this myself) and Brussels Airlines have discontinued using PARS): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progra...vations_System

SN confirmed on Altea - according to this: http://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lu...extle-weekend/

Therefore, I would gather that maybe United has migrated part of/all of their award bookings to Altea/Amadeus now??
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
.... Therefore, I would gather that maybe United has migrated part of/all of their award bookings to Altea/Amadeus now??
No such change

It has been widely reported that UA & LH group airlines can now be access on their website using the other's PNR.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:41 pm

What am I doing wrong?
If you are logged in on the Austrian Airlines web site, you need to log out first. Then you should be able to use the last name and the OS PNR to see the reservation.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Why do some award bookings show the partner airline PNR and others don't?

I was just comparing two MP award bookings - one on SQ and one on AC. The AC booking has a link that will pop-up the PNR in Air Canada's system, but the SQ booking has no such information.

Any FT sages know why there's this difference, and which other *A partners will show PNRs on award bookings by United? In my experience, all paid interline and code-share bookings will show the PNR of the partner, but only some award bookings do.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the basic reason is that the reservation management systems of some airlines don't interface well with United's. Not sure comprehensively which do and don't, but e.g., Amadeus seems to be OK (used by LH and TG, at least?).

Off the top of my head, as a start to the list, PNRs for LH, OS, TG, TK, and NH will show.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Hi Everyone,

First time redeeming miles through MileagePlus, booked a trip for my significant other and I to CPH. Both segments of the one-way flight are in J and are operated by LH (connecting in Frankfurt). From everything that I have read, I know that I cannot select my seats online through UA's site. However, can I call LH with the UA provided record locator? Or do I need to call United to ask for the Lufthansa record locator first?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.