Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Record Locator/ PNR of Star Partners on UA purchased Itineraries

Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
On itins booked via United that include partner flights, the PNR/record locator for "some" partners may be found in the UA online itin
Originally Posted by itsMoe
Here's a screenshot:

Note that on carriers which use Amadeus, the PNR will be the same across all Amadeus carriers. So, for example, on an itinerary with TG and OZ/SQ, if you get the PNR from TG, it will be the same for the OZ/SQ segment (and you can typically pick seats for all flights on the TG website).

If the PNR does not appear, call UA or call the partner with the ticket number, date and flight and you should be able to get it verbally.

04 FEB 2018 - This worked for Singapore Air (SQ): if you cannot locate the SQ PNR via the web, go to the reservation on the United app, and then click Additional information, I was able to find mine there.

Starting last half of 2017, the UA PNR will work on some partner airlines -- LH group (LH, LX, OS, ...), NH/ANA, ....

out of date
Partners PNR/record locator not available:
TG
OZ
OS
BR
SQ
ZH (shows as an "Air China" PNR but is invalid on both CA and ZH websites)
???

In 2019, AC, ....

Print Wikipost

Old May 15, 2014, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC

I recently purchased an award ticket from TPE to ICN via PVG on BR and OZ. However, I can only find the UA record locator but not the ones on respective partner airlines.

I remember in the past I was provided separate record locators for actual operating airlines. Has something changed?
Old May 15, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
No, the other airline confirmation locators are generally there. They are near the top but not as big and obvious ad UA. It says "view additional confirmation numbers" in small letters. Top to the right on the UA page on the website listing under the UA confirmation .

Last edited by TonyBurr; May 15, 2014 at 9:20 pm
Old May 15, 2014, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Partner PNRs don't always display on the UA site as described by TonyBurr above. You can call UA or the OALs and get them.
Old May 15, 2014, 9:07 pm

Or just give the ticket number to BR & OZ and have them look up their record numbers.
Old May 15, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Originally Posted by Indelaware
Or just give the ticket number to BR & OZ and have them look up their record numbers.
But wouldn't you only gave the UA ticket number and that would not help ? You can call the other airlines give the date, flight number and your name and they can help
Old May 15, 2014, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
But wouldn't you only gave the UA ticket number and that would not help ? You can call the other airlines give the date, flight number and your name and they can help
The eticket number would be the same across the airlines.
Old May 15, 2014, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Tickets and reservations are different. Each airline you are flying (as well as the issuing airline, I believe, if it is different) will have their own reservation number (i.e. PNR). But there would only be a single ticket - so each of the reservations would reference the same ticket number.
Old May 15, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Or call the airline and give them your name and flight info. That's all they need.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
No, the other airline confirmation locators are generally there. They are near the top but not as big and obvious ad UA. It says "view additional confirmation numbers" in small letters. Top to the right on the UA page on the website listing under the UA confirmation .
Unless I'm missing something, I can't find the additional confirmation numbers anywhere - on the itinerary page, on the receipt, or in the email.

I will call UA soon.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by naumank
Unless I'm missing something, I can't find the additional confirmation numbers anywhere - on the itinerary page, on the receipt, or in the email.

I will call UA soon.
I would call BR. That way you can get the locator and confirm that you're actually ticketed on BR (which is highly recommended on partner award reservations). They can assign a seat for you, as well (you should also be able to do that online once you have the locator).
FlyingNone likes this.
Old May 16, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
just go to the source: UA, and ask them for each carrier's record locator. very simple
Old May 16, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
When you View your reservation on united.com you should see the following in small letters right under the larger United Confirmation Number:
This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers.

Click on the underlined text and it pops up a window containing additional comfirmation numbers. This still works for me when I use TAM, which has left *A.
Old May 16, 2014, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by qfrodo
When you View your reservation on united.com you should see the following in small letters right under the larger United Confirmation Number:
This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers.

Click on the underlined text and it pops up a window containing additional comfirmation numbers. This still works for me when I use TAM, which has left *A.
This is exactly correct most times. Be aware that there are some times when the information is not there. I have not been able to figure out why or why not it is there.
Old May 16, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by qfrodo

There are instances, that have happened to me, when that link does not appear. When I do call UA, they can't seem to find the the additional record locators either. It really does happen. As others have said, simply call the other airline, give them your name and the flight number and they will be able to give you their record locator AND make seat assignments (which you need/want to do anyway).

Billy
Old May 16, 2014, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Or call the airline and give them your name and flight info. That's all they need.
Not always. We were once flying back from Europe on AA and got redirected into JFK. Since my boyfriend was flying back to YYC, AA put him on AC and so we called AC to add us UA MP, since he had status, and to get seats. The phone agent would not help us unless we gave him him the AC PNR or the eticket number.

When I could not pull up my SK PNR's on united.com recently, I tweeted United. I have been receiving somewhat more consistent service through that route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.