Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

F/A Spilled Hot (Tea) Water on me during flight - How to handle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F/A Spilled Hot (Tea) Water on me during flight - How to handle?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
I don't think anyone has personally attacked you.

Can you explain about the blister situation? I'm genuinely curious...
Maybe the OP is an arm model.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Maybe the OP is an arm model.
This is like the unifying theory of this thread. Thanks so much for it.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services, Lifetime Hilton Diamond
In response to questions:

Yes, first time such an amount of hot water got on my arm. Not a hot beverage person. Being in LA, I like my coffee iced.

My arm was red for about a day and then disappeared as well as the pain. It was like a sunburn feeling.

Yes, I am an arm model. Just like George Costanza was a hand model until he got burned. That is why I was so concerned.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by LHR Wannabee
(As for my concern about possible blistering, my brother once had a hot chocolate spilled on him and it blistered and he had to go to the ER to get treatment to prevent an infection.)
I'm sure this did not happen in a UC as the hot chocolate is locked up and it takes two managers and a red coat with a secret password to unlock it. In some stations the station manager must be called (even on off days or at midnight).

Lawyer up. I'm sure some "legit" lawyer will take the case. If this happened in CA or MA it's a win-win!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I honestly think some people are being too hard on the OP. I personally wouldn't freak out over a blister or two, but I can understand the valid concerns the OP had. Remember that everyone reacts differently to different things, and what's a small deal to one is a big deal to another.

I also think UA didn't handle it properly - they could've been more friendly about it. Glad you're at least okay and not in pain anymore. Let's hope if there's a next time, UA will handle the situation with more grace
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
I also think UA didn't handle it properly - they could've been more friendly about it.
I agree, but you are not on UA, you are on the "new UA".

To the OP: this is definitely documented as EMT was called.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:46 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
In the forest of posts rushing to personally attack or satirize the OP, he did get some constructive answers.

As the thread has already gone below minimum vectoring altitude, it is now closed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.