Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What to Expect in UA Business Class to CUN/Cancun (seat, lounge, meals, amenities,..)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to Expect in UA Business Class to CUN/Cancun (seat, lounge, meals, amenities,..)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:20 pm

Hi there, any recommendations for a good, decent hotel at Newark airport?

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
You should be going out of the Terminal C...and it's just under 4 hours, it's not that bad of a flight. Goes by pretty quick and First is comfortable enough.

I've stayed at The Wyndham Garden Inn (thanks Continental!) and the Ramada Plaza (thanks Hurricane Sandy)...typical airport hotels, gets the job done, and close to a prison!
Just wondered if the Wyndham Garden hotel is Ok-ish? And close to EWR? Thank you so much for the info, it's greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
If you just need to sleep and shower there it's fine. I was on a CO EWR-TXL flight that turned around over Nova Scotia and they put us up there for the night.
There is a shuttle that takes you to one of the AirTrain stations and then you can get to your terminal from there.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:23 am

Thank you! Really appreciate your reply.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:11 am

United EWR check in.

Hi there, anyone know which terminal at Newark you check in at for travel to CUN? I have a feeling it's Terminal C, but just wanted to double check...thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by CmmC
Hi there, anyone know which terminal at Newark you check in at for travel to CUN? I have a feeling it's Terminal C, but just wanted to double check...thanks!
Just check your flight status the morning of but ya, it'll be C. I'm not sure where the Terminal A flights go & I've been mostly flying out of EWR since 2006.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
It will definitely be Terminal C. Terminal A is for (some) United Express flights.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
lounge access at CUN

I'm flying out of CUN on J on UA. I'm not a high tier member. Will I have an access to a lounge there?

After Googling, it seems like non-airline affiliated lounges exist there. I asked this question to United Club, all I got was a copy and paste useless answer.

Thank you for contacting the United Club Service Center.

Customers traveling internationally in United Global First, United BusinessFirst, United First* or United Business* may access United Club locations and select partner lounges. Access privileges and credentials vary by lounge type.
For access to the United Clubs, customers must present a boarding pass for an international departure in United Global First, United BusinessFirst, United First* or United Business*.
For access to Star Alliance branded lounges** and Business Class lounges owned by Star Alliance member airlines, customers must present a boarding pass for an international departure in United Global First, United BusinessFirst, United First* and United Business* from the airport in which the lounge is located.
Eligible customers ticketed in United Global First or United First class may bring one guest (that meets the same itinerary requirement). Customers ticketed in United BusinessFirst and United Business are not permitted a guest.
** At some departure airports, a contract lounge may be available. Invitation to access to the lounge will be presented to the customer during check-in.
To view a list of airports with United Clubs, please visit our United Club and Lounges page and take note of the eligibility information.
Admittance to affiliated clubrooms is based on many factors, including the itinerary, cabin and Premier status. To locate a Star Alliance lounge in a particular airport andhelp you determine the specific lounges you are able to access, please visit www.staralliance/lounges .

We look forward to serving your future club room needs.

Regards,

{employee name redacted by moderator}
United Club

Last edited by goalie; Jul 10, 2016 at 4:50 pm Reason: removed employee's name
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by maverikbc
I'm flying out of CUN on J on UA. I'm not a high tier member. Will I have an access to a lounge there?

After Googling, it seems like non-airline affiliated lounges exist there. I asked this question to United Club, all I got was a copy and paste useless answer.
Have only flown thru CUN once, (UA J as well) and used my Priority Pass to get into the small lounge there. Nothing special, tiny lounge that looks like it was stuffed into the corner, but at least some free drinks.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
I don't have Priority Pass. Although you flew on J, you used your PP. Does that mean they first denied entry just by waving your boarding pass, and had to show your PP card?

That lounge sounds like sub par, but sure it'll be better than over priced drinks and food.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I flew through CUN in march, in J on UA and there were no free lounges without the PP
Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maverikbc
I don't have Priority Pass. Although you flew on J, you used your PP. Does that mean they first denied entry just by waving your boarding pass, and had to show your PP card?

That lounge sounds like sub par, but sure it'll be better than over priced drinks and food.
I haven't flown out of CUN, but have flown out of PVR. These leisure airports in Mexico don't have United Clubs and typically have a Priority Pass accessible lounge. I've never had access to the lounge in PVR with my UA biz class BP. Always have to use PP.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, HH-Gold, MR - Gold, HY-Explorist
Just flew through there last week. If there is a club accessible for a United J ticket, I never saw it. I did see a VIP lounge but as others have said, that was only PP accessible or accessible for a fee.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IIRC, there is only on independent lounge in CUN. Neither UA nor DL provides free lounge for any class passengers.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:58 am

No access. Normally just kill time at Bubba Gumps or Margaritaville.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
The lounge at CUN is pathetic! Spare yourself the disappointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.