Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What to Expect in UA Business Class to CUN/Cancun (seat, lounge, meals, amenities,..)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to Expect in UA Business Class to CUN/Cancun (seat, lounge, meals, amenities,..)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: AA Reg
Pretty much same as above. DirectTV will only work over US airspace, but that's the majority of the flight.

On the way back, there is no lounge in CUN, unfortunately, but there is a starbucks and all of that.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear

On the way back, there is no lounge in CUN, unfortunately, but there is a starbucks and all of that.
We usually flip a coin to decide between Bubba Gumps and Margaritaville.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:09 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear
Pretty much same as above. DirectTV will only work over US airspace, but that's the majority of the flight.

You'll still have access to pre-recorded movies, and it's free in first/business class.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Expect to be glad you aren't in Y.

This wasn't on a CUN flight, but the chances are always high with the party crowd: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ium-moved.html
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:13 pm

Just completed LAX-CUN-LAX this past weekend. Experiences are in line with what others have noted.

Domestic-equivalent F seats and service.

WiFi and DirecTV live channels only function over the USA...not over water or once you cross the border. Only pre-recorded content is available outside the USA.

Beta WiFi held pretty good speeds, north of 20Mbps download, for the short duration I used it. Upload speeds were close to 1Mbps. Not awful for $2/hour. And it's nice to be able to pause access when you're not using it (just make sure to use your time before leaving the coverage area - it doesn't carry over to another flight).
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:41 pm

Help! I'm travelling from EWK to CUN and as a non-us resident wondered if this flight is classed at International or Domestic? Also, any idea which check-in area at EWK? Huge thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by CmmC
Help! I'm travelling from EWK to CUN and as a non-us resident wondered if this flight is classed at International or Domestic? Also, any idea which check-in area at EWK? Huge thanks.
I'm going to presume you mean EWR and not EWK? It's definitely an international flight. Leaving the US though it doesn't really make any difference though as far as I know. Coming back you'll go through customs.

As far as UA benefits it's a mixed bag...
The plane will be domestic config.
United Club access will be permitted for gold and higher, like any international flight.

Did you have a more specific question?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by astroflyer
I'm going to presume you mean EWR and not EWK? It's definitely an international flight. Leaving the US though it doesn't really make any difference though as far as I know. Coming back you'll go through customs.

As far as UA benefits it's a mixed bag...
The plane will be domestic config.
United Club access will be permitted for gold and higher, like any international flight.

Did you have a more specific question?
Huge thanks for your reply and yes indeed, I did mean to say we're travelling from Newark through to Cancun. Good to know it's classed as international, despite it's being such a short flight. Although I hear business class on United to the Caribbean isn't up to much! Any idea which terminal United use at Newark? Also, if anyone had a recommendation for a good airport hotel close to Newark, I'd be terribly grateful. Thank you!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by CmmC
Huge thanks for your reply and yes indeed, I did mean to say we're travelling from Newark through to Cancun. Good to know it's classed as international, despite it's being such a short flight. Although I hear business class on United to the Caribbean isn't up to much! Any idea which terminal United use at Newark? Also, if anyone had a recommendation for a good airport hotel close to Newark, I'd be terribly grateful. Thank you!
You should be going out of the Terminal C...and it's just under 4 hours, it's not that bad of a flight. Goes by pretty quick and First is comfortable enough.

I've stayed at The Wyndham Garden Inn (thanks Continental!) and the Ramada Plaza (thanks Hurricane Sandy)...typical airport hotels, gets the job done, and close to a prison!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Does UA even fly direct from lax to cun now? I just booked via iah and searched plus minus a day and didn't see any direct options.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by schley
Does UA even fly direct from lax to cun now? I just booked via iah and searched plus minus a day and didn't see any direct options.
yes, 10.32a flight each day from LAX
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
yes, 10.32a flight each day from LAX
Must have been sold out. Leaving Sept 30.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by schley
Must have been sold out. Leaving Sept 30.
No flight on the 30th or 1st Oct, but direct on all the other days!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 am

LAX & SFO have direct flights but I think the times leaving are pretty early ex-CUN you don't get your whole day there. I know when I was booking my parents back after we left Tulum I ended up sending them through CUN-IAH-LAX-MRY so that they didn't have to leave first thing in the morning and could leave at like 2pm or whatever it was.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
No flight on the 30th or 1st Oct, but direct on all the other days!
ha... so the everyday isn't everyday...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.