Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Getting award travel on SQ actually ticketed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: MM / UA 1K

So after calling UA about booking award travel on SQ, I found they had availability for the dates I'm looking for. Feeling pretty happy with this find I ask the agent to ticket it. An hour and forty five minutes later, the agent is unable to complete the booking. According to the agent, they could reserve it but when it came time to process the booking fees it would not allow it. The result: call back tomorrow.
I'm now on the phone with them once again: 20min and counting. {sigh}
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Leave them your phone number, and make them call you back if they can't ticket. Nothing you can do while you sit there and wait.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
And a piece of advice -- once it's ticketed call SQ to make sure it's OK.

I had a big mess that was only fixed by an (in person) SQ agent who wouldn't let UA off the phone till they got it right.

SQ -- so awesome!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K (.25MM) IHG Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
And a piece of advice -- once it's ticketed call SQ to make sure it's OK.

I had a big mess that was only fixed by an (in person) SQ agent who wouldn't let UA off the phone till they got it right.

SQ -- so awesome!
+1 on SQ agents. Was lucky enough to fly SQ C a few weeks ago and when I called the SQ office to confirm my book the chef choices (as the website was being a pain) the agent went above and beyond. Very impressed.

Obviously SQ C is a treat in itself.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Thanks for the input. I was finally able to get it ticketed after some more back and forth. Perhaps the agents at UA were simply shocked that it's still possible to book award travel in C in SQ
I did contact SQ to confirm the ticket and get their record locator for the trip and it all checked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.