Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Both lounges open at 1 PM (as of 9/2/18), TSA at Terminal B is not open until 12:30 at the earliest.

SAS Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B60

Lufthansa Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B68

Both are located at satellite B3:

Going to LH or SAS lounge from various points:
From Terminal B International arrivals: walk to B3 security;
From Terminal B's United Gates: walk out of B1 security and enter B3 security;
From Terminal A: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
From Terminal C: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
(Note: there are two shuttles; only taking the shuttle to Terminal B and ask the driver to drop off at B3's LH lounge entry; not the United gates at B1).

Return to Terminal A or C: Airtrain train only.

The following was copied from west_end_NYC post.

I made my first visit trip to the EWR Termimal B Senators lounge last Friday as I had an extra hour to burn (notes: calculate your total journey time from different entry points; too risky with short layover time at EWR) before an 8:35PM flight out of Terminal C. I found the process of acccessing the lounge and getting over to Terminal C quite seamless:

- TSA at Terminal B scanned my UA paper boarding pass and reviewed my ID - no questions asked and was immediately let through.

- Note there is no TSA Pre-Check at Terminal B for the international gates so had to remove shoes, etc, and clear through the full body scanner. There was only a short line so only took ~10 minutes to clear through security.

- Proceeded to the LH lounge and showed my MP Gold card and UA BP at the check-in desk and again, no questions asked, and was invited to head into the Senators lounge to the left of the desk.

- Nice food spread including two entree choices, sandwich choices, and self-serve wine, beer and liquor with several varieties. Not quite the quality of the new Amex Centurion lounges I have visited but far better than anything available at the EWR UC, particularly noting it was all complimentary.

- The journey over to Terminal C was much easier than I anticpated and considerably faster than the 1 hour transit time referenced in earlier posts. I took the Airtrain one stop to Terminal C. Door-to-door from the LH lounge to the UC right past security took just 15 minutes (the C-3 Pre-Check line was not very long).

Notes: allow plenty of time for your return journey because time for passing security at Terminals A and C varies greatly, depending upon the time of day. Terminal A does not have a full PreCheck.

Print Wikipost

Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
when did that stop? There has been a bus from C for years.
whoops, i was looking at the wrong B section

anwyays, the shuttle bus does drop you at B upon request (if you can even get pass the guard at C without a A/B boarding pass). but won't pick you up from that B

Going back and forth between terminal c and b at ewr

not sure how frequent it's running now
Old Jul 8, 2020, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was there earlier this week. The wall partition separating business & Senator lounge is open, making it a single room now.
No food & drinks whatsoever - except chips, crackers and water. That's it!
Hours depend on LH/LX flights operating on a particular day.

Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Oh that's very depressing. Thanks for posting.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Was there earlier this week. The wall partition separating business & Senator lounge is open, making it a single room now.

What about the trick you taught me about asking for the champagne from the people behind the door that serve the food :-) :-)
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by seanp7
Oh that's very depressing. Thanks for posting.
yuck, that's much worse than I thought. Not worth the trip to Terminal B for this!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry

I find it amusing that they fly over bottled water to serve in the lounge instead of just buying it locally.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
What about the trick you taught me about asking for the champagne from the people behind the door that serve the food :-) :-)
Hopefully, there will be chance again soon!

when did that stop? There has been a bus from C for years.
I noticed the bus running in the afternoon, but it was not operating in the morning hours.
Most likely serviing pax to connect to LH/LX flights departing early/late evening.

yuck, that's much worse than I thought. Not worth the trip to Terminal B for this!
That's my thought as well.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by sannmann
I find it amusing that they fly over bottled water to serve in the lounge instead of just buying it locally.
their free wifi is also VPN'd back to T-mobile Telekom Deutschland (google displays the german-localized results)
SPN Lifer and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incidentially, also the magazine/newspaper racks were totally empty - I always enjoyed picking up an issue of a German publication while there.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Incidentially, also the magazine/newspaper racks were totally empty - I always enjoyed picking up an issue of a German publication while there.
boooooo

how cheap of them.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
boooooo

how cheap of them.
Magazine & Newspapers have likely been eliminated due to COVID-19, not out of cheapness.
I recall CX flights back in January/February and in-flight magazine eliminations were one of the first steps they took to lower the virus spread.
st3 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Didn't you notice all the people sneezing into the magazines before returning them? (!)
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Didn't you notice all the people sneezing into the magazines before returning them? (!)
Back in the early days of Covid, spread was thought to be facilitated by contact, but now we realize that spread is by aerosolized droplets being inhaled.

i surmise that one could sneeze into a magazine and someone else reading it could move their hands to their mouth and nose and contract the disease that way.....but unlikely.

Now, not supplying newspapers and magazines on planes and in lounges is a cost cutting device made possible by the pandemic's excuse of "it's for your health and safety"
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Hi there. Has there been any update to offerings here in the past 6 weeks? Im considering a visit next week.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sannmann
You clearly underestimate Germans and their relationship with spring and mineral water. 🤣
narvik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.