Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
San Francisco United Arrivals Lounge closure
Due to airport construction, the United Arrivals Lounge at San Francisco will close on December 1, 2019, at 12 p.m. If you’re traveling in United Polaris® business class on a long-haul international flight and have an eligible same-day ticket, you can visit the United Polaris lounge before departure, during connections or upon arrival. See our access policy and list of lounge locations for more information.

United Arrivals Lounge: 12 showers, decent breakfast, but only open to inbound international GlobalFirst or BusinessFirst premium passengers in the morning:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...ls-lounge-sfo/
Our Arrivals Lounge in San Francisco, located in Terminal 3 on the baggage level, is a retreat where United Polaris first and business class customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy breakfast and use our complimentary Wi-Fi.
Customers may not bring guests into the arrivals lounge/
Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Outside of security
Accessing from the International Terminal
Originally Posted by Kacee
The foolproof instructions are "head towards UA baggage claim in T3 on the ground level and it's on your left."

It's quicker if you take the "connections" exit from customs, but either way works.
Alternatives
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Aieside in International G terminal

Amex Centurion Lounge: one shower (possible wait), complimentary access for Centurion and Plat Amex cardholders, $50 for all other Amex cardmembers:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/the...on-lounge-sfo/ -airside

Freshen Up. Paid facility. Landside, International Terminal.
Freshen Up
Thread talking about Freshen Up
Outside of security

Closed lounges
Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge: two basic showers, but only open to departing international passengers holding Star Gold status or traveling in a premium class of service:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/sin...is-lounge-sfo/

United Global First lounge - Closed as GFL/IFL nut available for premium cabin partner international / UA Polaris long-haul SFO departure passenger while the UA Polaris lounge is under construction.
Print Wikipost

SFO Arrivals Lounge - closing 1 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
To find this lounge, after clearing customs, does one follow signs for connecting flights rather than "exit the airport?" Thanks

ETA: the UA.com shows a second orange dot for arrivals lounge at the far end of the intl G concourse. Phantom or real, and how do you get there?

Last edited by USHPNWDLUA; Jul 23, 2014 at 1:21 pm Reason: Q
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
To find this lounge, after clearing customs, does one follow signs for connecting flights rather than "exit the airport?" Thanks

ETA: the UA.com shows a second orange dot for arrivals lounge at the far end of the intl G concourse. Phantom or real, and how do you get there?
Follow the signs to "exit the airport." You can choose to recheck connecting baggage before you leave the customs area, but will not have access to your bags in the Arrivals lounge. Or you can take your connecting baggage with you and recheck them at the ticketing counter after you use the Arrivals lounge.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA

It's outside security, in T3, ground level just before baggage claim.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
The lounge is in the connector hallway between customs and T3, on the baggage (lower) level. See http://airportbliss.com/places/unite...ls-lounge-sfo/ for the exact location on a map.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I arrived recently at SFO international, asked everyone I met, couldn't find it, and gave up after 20 minutes looking. I guess I didn't go far enough towards T3.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
There is a big sign that says arrivals lounge pointing to stairs going down. I think it's blue and white like all the other ones. You should are it on your route when you take the walkway between terminals
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
I arrived recently at SFO international, asked everyone I met, couldn't find it, and gave up after 20 minutes looking. I guess I didn't go far enough towards T3.
I once encountered the Arrivals Lounge accidentally as I walked from the domestic short term parking lot to meet my wife in the terminal.

So based on the replies above, and my one-time encounter, I believe we would clear immigration, clear customs, and follow signs for Connecting Flights. We would either walk right by it on the way to T3, or have to go down one level, on the way to T3. I'm hoping that's how to find it.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Arrival Shower Facility at SFO

Hi All,

I'm flying into SFO next week on an early morning flight from JFK. I'll be traveling in Y.

Is there a lounge with shower facilities that I can access as an AC*G in this case?

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
If you have an AMEX PLATINUM/CENT card, there's an awesome amex centurion lounge that you can use. They have wonderful shower facilities, and very nice food options (full breakfast/lunch/dinner)!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AC888
I'm flying into SFO next week on an early morning flight from JFK. I'll be traveling in Y.

Is there a lounge with shower facilities that I can access as an AC*G in this case?
No *G showers at SFO. There's a pay facility you can use. Freshen Up SFO.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:47 am

There is an arrivals lounge. It's outside security and only available to GF passengers. There are probably 10-15 shower rooms, and nobody uses them. It's a complete waste. The regular United Clubs have nothing. Which I think is inexcusable
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by BB2220
There is an arrivals lounge. It's outside security and only available to GF passengers. There are probably 10-15 shower rooms, and nobody uses them. It's a complete waste. The regular United Clubs have nothing. Which I think is inexcusable
Arrivals by United may be used by:
  • United Global First - A boarding pass for travel in United Global First
  • United BusinessFirst - A boarding pass for travel in United BusinessFirst
  • Global Services members - A Global Services member card and United boarding pass for travel in any class of service on a long-haul international flight or in United BusinessFirst on a p.s. flight

They are indeed well-used.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by BB2220
The SFO arrivals lounge is open to anyone arriving in BF or GF from an international long haul flight. GS can access the lounge from these flights when travelling Y as well.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by wxguy
Arrivals by United may be used by:
  • United Global First - A boarding pass for travel in United Global First
  • United BusinessFirst - A boarding pass for travel in United BusinessFirst
  • Global Services members - A Global Services member card and United boarding pass for travel in any class of service on a long-haul international flight or in United BusinessFirst on a p.s. flight

They are indeed well-used.
You beat me to it! I always see other passengers in there, on occasion have had to wait for a shower to be available. But generally not so crowded.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I've only been to the arrivals lounge once (on a PVG-SFO flight) - didn't even have status at the time, but my BF ticket got us in. We were the only people in it at the time, very nice to be much quieter and more peaceful than the usual United Clubs. Definitely recommend visiting it if you can, but if you're only a *G member it sounds like you're out of luck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.