Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
San Francisco United Arrivals Lounge closure
Due to airport construction, the United Arrivals Lounge at San Francisco will close on December 1, 2019, at 12 p.m. If you’re traveling in United Polaris® business class on a long-haul international flight and have an eligible same-day ticket, you can visit the United Polaris lounge before departure, during connections or upon arrival. See our access policy and list of lounge locations for more information.

United Arrivals Lounge: 12 showers, decent breakfast, but only open to inbound international GlobalFirst or BusinessFirst premium passengers in the morning:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...ls-lounge-sfo/
Our Arrivals Lounge in San Francisco, located in Terminal 3 on the baggage level, is a retreat where United Polaris first and business class customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy breakfast and use our complimentary Wi-Fi.
Customers may not bring guests into the arrivals lounge/
Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Outside of security
Accessing from the International Terminal
Originally Posted by Kacee
The foolproof instructions are "head towards UA baggage claim in T3 on the ground level and it's on your left."

It's quicker if you take the "connections" exit from customs, but either way works.
Alternatives
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Aieside in International G terminal

Amex Centurion Lounge: one shower (possible wait), complimentary access for Centurion and Plat Amex cardholders, $50 for all other Amex cardmembers:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/the...on-lounge-sfo/ -airside

Freshen Up. Paid facility. Landside, International Terminal.
Freshen Up
Thread talking about Freshen Up
Outside of security

Closed lounges
Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge: two basic showers, but only open to departing international passengers holding Star Gold status or traveling in a premium class of service:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/sin...is-lounge-sfo/

United Global First lounge - Closed as GFL/IFL nut available for premium cabin partner international / UA Polaris long-haul SFO departure passenger while the UA Polaris lounge is under construction.
Print Wikipost

SFO Arrivals Lounge - closing 1 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
SFO Arrivals Lounge - closing 1 Dec 2019

The locator only says Baggage level, is this airside or after customs exit? If so, what do I do with my suitcase?

My SYD-SFO flight is scheduled to arrive 11:25, and the lounge is only open until 12:30 - will they let me in at the last minute to have a shower?

If we are late, then will they keep the lounge open longer? If I plan a meeting turning up without a shower might make me unpopular !

thanks
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
The locator only says Baggage level, is this airside or after customs exit? If so, what do I do with my suitcase?

My SYD-SFO flight is scheduled to arrive 11:25, and the lounge is only open until 12:30 - will they let me in at the last minute to have a shower?

If we are late, then will they keep the lounge open longer? If I plan a meeting turning up without a shower might make me unpopular !

thanks
The lounge is in the baggage claim area outside security and customs. I'm not sure about the last minute shower.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They won't keep it open past posted hours.

There is also a pay per use shower facility outside international arrivals. www.flysfo.com/services-amenities/passenger-services
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: United 1K; 1.66MM

thanks
SFO Arrival lounge is near at Baggage claim (Street level) and will open until 12:30. They will remind you if you come in after 12. Keep in mind that you need to book UnitedBusinss or GlobalFirst revenue tickets (including Award tickets) to use the arrival lounge. Upgraded business (from Coach) or UnitedClub membership is not eligible for the arrival lounge.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Row3Acer
Keep in mind that you need to book UnitedBusinss or GlobalFirst revenue tickets (including Award tickets) to use the arrival lounge.
Do they allow Z fares now? They didn't used to, and I wonder about P fares since they're so prevalent now.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;

thanks
I arrived at the arrivals lounge at 12:10 after getting off my SYD-SFO flight, and was allowed to take a shower.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:15 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Do they allow Z fares now? They didn't used to, and I wonder about P fares since they're so prevalent now.
Hi mahasamatman, SFO Arrivals Lounge access is now based on marketed cabin. If you're arriving SFO and you were seated in United BusinessFirst or United Global First (regardless of fare class or ticket type), you have access to the Arrivals Lounge during operating hours.

-UA Insider
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi mahasamatman, SFO Arrivals Lounge access is now based on marketed cabin. If you're arriving SFO and you were seated in United BusinessFirst or United Global First (regardless of fare class or ticket type), you have access to the Arrivals Lounge during operating hours.

-UA Insider
Now that's a change I like! Thanks, UA Insider!^
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: United 1K; 1.66MM
Originally Posted by UTex09
Now that's a change I like! Thanks, UA Insider!^
Great news, indeed...^
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: UAL 1K , HHonors Diamond
To clarify, so that you don't get lost, this lounge is at the same level as domestic UA baggage claim, one floor below the customs baggage claim after you exit customs while on your way to re-check your baggage, then one floor down....
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Row3Acer
Quote:
Upgraded business (from Coach) or UnitedClub membership is not eligible for the arrival lounge.
I got into the Arrivals Lounge last September on an R class ticket. Believe your point about upgraded business not getting access is inaccurate.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
If your flight is on time you should be fine (100% if you have GE). I arrived on that flight from SYD, went through GE, got my bag and then went out down there to the lounge. My Mother was picking me up so she sat with my bag but the shower areas are plenty big that you can bring your suitcase in with you if you are rushed and don't have time to recheck it before.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Thankyou everyone, that is very helpful. I certainly plan to get GE as soon as the USA reciprocates to Australians, something they have promised to do over 2 years ago !
Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
It's been a while since I arrived on an Intl flight in SFO, but I thought that by the time one hits the Arrival Lounge, one has already rechecked bags

Ah, nevermind, I am guessing that you end in SFO...

Last edited by GimmeLegRoom; Apr 3, 2014 at 5:14 am Reason: stupidity on my part
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GimmeLegRoom
It's been a while since I arrived on an Intl flight in SFO, but I thought that by the time one hits the Arrival Lounge, one has already rechecked bags

Ah, nevermind, I am guessing that you end in SFO...
Maybe I missed one right out of CBP exit because I was ending in SFO...but the only one that I visibly noticed was the UA baggage check which is 20 feet down the hall from the Arrivals Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.