Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
San Francisco United Arrivals Lounge closure
Due to airport construction, the United Arrivals Lounge at San Francisco will close on December 1, 2019, at 12 p.m. If you’re traveling in United Polaris® business class on a long-haul international flight and have an eligible same-day ticket, you can visit the United Polaris lounge before departure, during connections or upon arrival. See our access policy and list of lounge locations for more information.

United Arrivals Lounge: 12 showers, decent breakfast, but only open to inbound international GlobalFirst or BusinessFirst premium passengers in the morning:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...ls-lounge-sfo/
Our Arrivals Lounge in San Francisco, located in Terminal 3 on the baggage level, is a retreat where United Polaris first and business class customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy breakfast and use our complimentary Wi-Fi.
Customers may not bring guests into the arrivals lounge/
Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Outside of security
Accessing from the International Terminal
Originally Posted by Kacee
The foolproof instructions are "head towards UA baggage claim in T3 on the ground level and it's on your left."

It's quicker if you take the "connections" exit from customs, but either way works.
Alternatives
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Aieside in International G terminal

Amex Centurion Lounge: one shower (possible wait), complimentary access for Centurion and Plat Amex cardholders, $50 for all other Amex cardmembers:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/the...on-lounge-sfo/ -airside

Freshen Up. Paid facility. Landside, International Terminal.
Freshen Up
Thread talking about Freshen Up
Outside of security

Closed lounges
Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge: two basic showers, but only open to departing international passengers holding Star Gold status or traveling in a premium class of service:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/sin...is-lounge-sfo/

United Global First lounge - Closed as GFL/IFL nut available for premium cabin partner international / UA Polaris long-haul SFO departure passenger while the UA Polaris lounge is under construction.
Print Wikipost

SFO Arrivals Lounge - closing 1 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: All the programs!
I hope UA keeps the arrival lounge. It's a great place to transition after a long flight.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by oopl
I hope UA keeps the arrival lounge. It's a great place to transition after a long flight.
The Noon closure time has go to change, I'd have to get on a early morning flight from EWR/BOS just go be eligible for the lounge
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Where is it? The UA site says Term 3 baggage level. Is this on the ground floor, or is it secure side??? Want to use it after we arrive from SYD
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by mmack
Where is it? The UA site says Term 3 baggage level. Is this on the ground floor, or is it secure side??? Want to use it after we arrive from SYD
Ground floor. Walking from G, head down, and it is before the baggage claims for T3.

Originally Posted by erickliu
The Noon closure time has go to change, I'd have to get on a early morning flight from EWR/BOS just go be eligible for the lounge
Domestic flights don't qualify. Only Polaris.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by wxguy
GS arriving on international/long-haul UA metal in any cabin are specifically permitted as an unpublished benefit.
Yes, you are quite right, but I think I have seen this written somewhere. So perhaps we should classify this as a semi-published GS benefit. : )

I stopped taking ps when UA left JFK. Out of curiosity do GS still get access to the arrivals lounge when traveling in ps business?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by uanj
Yes, you are quite right, but I think I have seen this written somewhere. So perhaps we should classify this as a semi-published GS benefit. : )

I stopped taking ps when UA left JFK. Out of curiosity do GS still get access to the arrivals lounge when traveling in ps business?
No, that stopped when the "p.s." service was transformed to "premium transcontinental" and BOS was added. All pax in the business cabin on EWR<>LAX, EWR<>SFO, and BOS<>SFO get United Club lounge access on both ends.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Ground floor. Walking from G, head down, and it is before the baggage claims for T3.

Domestic flights don't qualify. Only Polaris.
GS coming off of P.S EWR/BOS in J have access.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, for the arrivals lounge, you technically need an arrival on UA metal in Polaris J or F. Although I've seen GS talk their way in when do not qualify.
We'll be arriving at SFO on NZ metal in J, but with 016 tickets and a UA code share inbound flight number on the BP. I understand that doesn't qualify us for the Polaris lounge during our transfer to UA domestic, and -- it appears from the above discussion -- the UA arrivals lounge also. Correct interpretation?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Thorgils
We'll be arriving at SFO on NZ metal in J, but with 016 tickets and a UA code share inbound flight number on the BP. I understand that doesn't qualify us for the Polaris lounge during our transfer to UA domestic, and -- it appears from the above discussion -- the UA arrivals lounge also. Correct interpretation?
Unfortunately so. Within *A, it's all about operating carrier, not marketing carrier.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by wxguy
All pax in the business cabin on EWR<>LAX, EWR<>SFO, and BOS<>SFO get United Club lounge access on both ends.
I thought only departing pax on transcon premium service got lounge access. Is this a recent change?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by 1kBill
I thought only departing pax on transcon premium service got lounge access. Is this a recent change?
No. p.s. J gives UC access at both ends of the p.s. flight and it's been that way for years.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:06 am

Does anyone know if they have a place inside the lounge to leave your luggage? Or is this before the baggage claim? I'm coming in from Taipei and would love a quick shower before getting into the city. Thank you.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Eclipsed830
Does anyone know if they have a place inside the lounge to leave your luggage? Or is this before the baggage claim? I'm coming in from Taipei and would love a quick shower before getting into the city. Thank you.
The lounge is outside baggage claim - the shower rooms are large, just take your bags in there with you. You cannot leave/store your luggage there if you plan on leaving the lounge.
wxguy likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I'm arriving on UA at 6:40 AM next week, on a weekday, AKL-SFO.

Could I access the Arrivals lounge at the same level as the baggage carousels?

Do I just show my Polaris boarding pass?

Do they have room for big checked luggage?

I figure I could let the rush hour traffic settle down a bit before I get a Uber to SJ. Hoping the pricing will be better say after 9 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
I'm arriving on UA at 6:40 AM next week, on a weekday, AKL-SFO.

Could I access the Arrivals lounge at the same level as the baggage carousels? ...
Yes, just follow the info in the thread's wiki

Do I just show my Polaris boarding pass? ...
yes

Do they have room for big checked luggage? ....
Yes but you need to stay in the lounge with the bags.

And the SFO UA Arrival Lounge closes at 12:30 PM
wxguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.