Wiki Posts
Search

Hot chocolate locked up!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
Hot chocolate locked up!

In the United club at SFO I looked for the hot chocolate couldn't find it, so I asked. I was told I had to go to the front desk to get some. The front desk for hot chocolate ? I went and asked. The agent said she would get me some and went to the back. After about 5 minutes she returned with one package. I asked if it was kept in a safe. She said "almost" - a locked cabinet. I was going to be there for 4 hours and asked for two. She said I could only get 1 at a time. I ask why they don't put them out where we could get to them. "Because people will take them!" I just shook my head, and walked off.....
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.1055 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Have to save $2b somehow

(I never knew the UC had hot chocolate)
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:08 am

im always looking for it and haven't see them lately. kinda sucks but kinda good. u will cry if u ever looked at how many calories are in one packet.

sometimes I drink 2!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I've observed a jerk empty an entire tray of cheese and half the crackers into a backpack at LAX T6, where the food is in an alcove.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
For people who want to be guested into the UC, bring chocolate.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I've observed a jerk empty an entire tray of cheese and half the crackers into a backpack at LAX T6, where the food is in an alcove.
I hope you said something and reported them. People like this should have their membership revoked and banned from the club. Pigs ruining it for the rest of us.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: United Gold
This is not surprising, the hot chocolate is delicious! I must confess I did take one packet from the HNL club for later enjoyment at home

Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
I came up with a good recipe - stir in 2 French vanilla creamers. Makes it creamier than just the powdered milk in the packet! Now, if they would put out a can of whipped cream!! Or we could go to the front desk and the agent could squirt a dollop of whipped cream over the top!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I, too, have seen someone grab handfuls of milano cookies and stuff them into all his jacket pockets...and that was at SFO. I was so blown away by his brazeness that I could barely describe it to my wife. At least I am teaching my kids how to behave responsibly in this world, and they are more gracious guests at UA Clubs than some adult pigs will ever be.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Look out...coming soon.

Generic Hot Chocolate will be available on the counter. It will taste like the chocolate version of Fresh Poo coffee served on board.

"Premium" Hot Chocolate will be available at the bar for $7 per serving. 50 cent discount if you purchase with your United card.

The United Club...keeping it classy.

Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Look out...coming soon.

Generic Hot Chocolate will be available on the counter. It will taste like the chocolate version of Fresh Poo coffee served on board.

"Premium" Hot Chocolate will be available at the bar for $7 per serving. 50 cent discount if you purchase with your United card.

The United Club...keeping it classy.

Funny
However, I find that some clubs have hot chocolate, and some don't. In LA, the old PC in 6 has hot chocolate but the UC in 7 does not. I have not been able to find HC in SF but no problem in DEN, CLE or EWR (usually). I guess I know where to look now when it is not around.
I am just surprised that they will not mix it up for you as well (to make sure the appropriate amount of water and mix are allocated, along with one cup. Sigh! )
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: United 1K
If someone takes a few packets, ok, but take the whole tray? If caught they should have their membership revoked.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
This is not surprising, the hot chocolate is delicious! I must confess I did take one packet from the HNL club for later enjoyment at home

They have these sitting out in the EWR UC's. I agree, it is very good.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:56 am

I've seen this happen twice at IAH in the past few months. Happens right before they are running out the door before anyone can say anything.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Outlawbrew
In the United club at SFO I looked for the hot chocolate couldn't find it, so I asked. I was told I had to go to the front desk to get some. The front desk for hot chocolate ? I went and asked. The agent said she would get me some and went to the back. After about 5 minutes she returned with one package. I asked if it was kept in a safe. She said "almost" - a locked cabinet. I was going to be there for 4 hours and asked for two. She said I could only get 1 at a time. I ask why they don't put them out where we could get to them. "Because people will take them!" I just shook my head, and walked off.....
In EWR you get a half packet, unless you ask for the whole one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.