Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Compensation Thread [2014]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kluau88
15,000 miles for improper meal prioritization where non-revs were given priority over revenue passengers.
You could have started a rant thread!

"Nonrevs Stole My Dinner!"
Old May 20, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

"Per United policy, United guarantees first choice of meals in
the premium cabin for Global Services and Premier 1K members."

Ha. I'll believe it when I see it.
I beleive it, but it has become more and more rare of an event. In April 14, on UA 853, SFO to NRT, sitting upsatairs, the FA's were fantastic, addressed us all by name and did a great job. Which was amazing as we sat there for three hours waiting on a mechanical issue. On the return, UA892, again sitting upsatirs, FA's were the rudest ever. No meal priority, no name recogniation. I tried to put my carryon in the upsatirs closet, FA stated it was full, take it downstairs. When deplaning the FA was taking her bags out of same closet. Guy next to me asked for extra jelly, the FA told him to ask me for mine.
Old May 20, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by LukeRB
Wow, 15,000 miles?! Revenue pax deserve meal priority, to be clear, but 15,000 miles seems high for the FA going out of order.

How long of a flight was it? Was it TATL or TPAC?
Transpacific in BusinessFirst. The person seating next to me was quite surprised at the response I got from the FA taking meal orders.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

This is probably the first time I have have had an issue as a 1K flying international.
Old May 22, 2014, 6:37 pm

was booked in business class, ord-fra-bkk on the last flight of the day on united with united as the first carrier.delayed, cancel and they rebooked on the same flight next day with a delay of 24hrs.fra-bkk was delayed by 3hrs.
they have not offered anything.should we write asking for anything or what is a fair amount of compensation that could be offered?
Old May 24, 2014, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mrahul
was booked in business class, ord-fra-bkk on the last flight of the day on united with united as the first carrier.delayed, cancel and they rebooked on the same flight next day with a delay of 24hrs.fra-bkk was delayed by 3hrs.
they have not offered anything.should we write asking for anything or what is a fair amount of compensation that could be offered?
yes write them
Old May 24, 2014, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
yes write them
but what is the general compensation they offer in such similar situations?
Old May 24, 2014, 6:38 pm

Non-catered snack boxes on United Express flight

Hello,

I was flying today from DTW-DEN in first and there were no snack-boxes provided, apparently just an error in that no one brought them on board although it certainly seems from the itinerary and the United webpage that one should have been provided. I was kind of hungry and otherwise would have stolen more cheese from the Lufthansa lounge in DTW. I'm a lowly GM. Any idea on prior compensations for this?
Old May 24, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat

IME, it does happen every now and then, but one would never know that it was policy. I can see how you might have never experienced it.
Old May 27, 2014, 9:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Which compensation would you take. Original 6pm departure took off but due to fumes we had to make an emergency landiing back at IAH. They created a new flight for the following morning. The new flight is now 3 hours delayed. I received this email asking me to select a token.

At United, we take pride in being a reliable part of your travel plans. We regret the inconvenience you experienced and therefore would like to offer you one of the following options to show our appreciation for your business.

You must select one offer before exiting this screen

15000 bonus MileagePlus miles: Members can redeem miles toward award travel. MileagePlus offers our members the most extensive selection of award travel destinations including over 800 cities in more than 139 countries. Terms and conditions

$300 E-Certificate: For travel within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands during the travel period specified. Save off published United fares on a qualifying flight purchased at united.com. Discount applies only when ticket is purchased within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands using a credit card with a valid U.S. billing address. Ticketing and travel by May 27, 2015. Terms and conditions

20% Off E-Certificate: For travel to and from any city served by United or United Express during the travel period specified. Save off published United Economy fares on a qualifying flight purchased at united.com or on a united.com worldwide site. Ticketing and travel by May 27, 2015. Terms and conditions
Old May 27, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by prncess674
Which compensation would you take. Original 6pm departure took off but due to fumes we had to make an emergency landiing back at IAH. They created a new flight for the following morning. The new flight is now 3 hours delayed. I received this email asking me to select a token.
Not the 15,000 miles - $300 is more valuable.

Is the 20% off ANY flight - including international? Do you fly international? If yes to both, and you buy tickets above $1500, that is the best option.

If not, the $300 cert is the way to go.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:59 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by 110pgl

Is the 20% off ANY flight - including international? Do you fly international? If yes to both, and you buy tickets above $1500, that is the best option.

My two hockey pucks is to take the money (the $300 e-cert) as well unless the base fare, as noted above, is above $1500 where the 20% is the way to go
Old May 28, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Apparently 4 hours is a cut-off, per this agent...doesn't matter if you're on a premium fare or a STLKG.

Once again, it was more the service recovery than the MX issue that I found mind-boggling (and the total trip delay, not just "our delay we caused")...not addressed of course.

That Z fare will be the last premium one of the year for me on this airline. Threw them a bone, then bit in the A.

Please understand that we do work hard to minimize flight problems. Our goal is to provide timely flight departures whenever possible; however, the safety of our customers and crew will always be our first priority. Flight irregularities of any kind do cause major inconveniences for our customers, we realize, and we certainly do not question the feelings of frustration that can arise as a result. Unfortunately, our industry is vulnerable to a number of challenges that can, and do, affect our operation on a daily basis.

While we regret the inconvenience you experienced due to flight delay, we are often unable to provide compensation for flight delays less than 4 hours. However to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence, and as a one-time gesture of apology for our service failure, I am adding 15,000 goodwill miles to your MileagePlus account. Please allow at least 3 to 5 business days for processing.

We appreciate your business as a MileagePlus Premier 1K member and the time you took to share your thoughts with us and the opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by 110pgl

The way it is worded, and there is obviously a screen shot saved, the $300 is US, PR and USVI only, but the 20% is anywhere. Still, a good deal, although I don't know if I would have taken that much of a delay for that amount had I been given that offer in advance.

I'm looking at a CGK MR where the fare is only $990, but the M+ upgrades bring the total to about $2200. I wonder if the 20% would apply to the total, or only the base fare? If the former, I hope I have such an offer soon!

(I'm pretty sure it's the latter, however.)
Old May 28, 2014, 11:19 pm
mp2

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold
My parents international flight BOM - EWR was delayed by 8+ hrs due to unavailability of crew. United did offer accommodation + meals, but was wondering what sort of compensation I can expect for this extended delay?

They were booked in coach and were upgraded to BF using GPUs. They are MileagePlus members without any status.

I went through several pages of this thread but couldn't find a similar situation.

Any guidance or ballpark on what to expect will be helpful. I suspect they will receive emails for requesting compensation anytime now.

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
cancelled for "operational decision" - what should you get?

Flight 1123 IAD-PHX was cancelled and I was rerouted through DEN to arrive 7 hours late. Missed a Diamondbacks-Nats game I was going to catch plus a business event after that. Customer Care cited an "operational decision" and offered a $200 cert plus $100 visa card for the baseball ticket. What do you think?
My judgement might be clouded b/c they didn't tell me the night before, I was stuck in a middle seat for both legs, and I really wanted to see that ballgame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.