Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

p.s.® Premium Service (LAX/SFO-JFK) Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
A recap of some of the key features of the refreshed p.s. product:

• 28 seats in United BusinessFirst with 180-degree flat-bed seats
  • 48 seats in Economy Plus (36" pitch)
  • 66 seats in United Economy
  • Complimentary in-seat audio video on-demand entertainment. However, headsets are no longer complimentary in economy as of 9/2014.
  • USB and standard 110v power outlets accessible from every seat
  • Gogo Wi-Fi for a fee (all cabins; no waivers for elite or premium cabin passengers)

The Global First Lounge at JFK is scheduled to remain open, welcoming Global Services members seated in United BusinessFirst on p.s. flights, as well as customers on connecting United Global First itineraries.

Upgrade policies are the same. No CPU. Only miles or instrument-supported upgrades.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20168422-post1.html (UA Insider)

For mileage upgrades requested on or after 1 Feb 2015, Premier members are no longer exempt from upgrade co-pay on the p.s. routes. The co-pay varies by fare basis:

Fare Basis (Co-Pay Each Way)

Y, B (no co-pay)
M,E,U ($75)
H,Q ($125)
V ($175)
W ($225)
S,T,K,L,G,N ($250)
Print Wikipost

p.s.® Premium Service (LAX/SFO-JFK) Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Mmmmmm not exactly, have to look at the UG policies holistically:
AA - free CPU for EXP, Plat/Gold can use stickers (and mileage always an option, with the low co-pay as noted)
DL - free CPU for Diamonds/Plats
UA - NO CPU for any tier; mileage upgrades now have expensive co-pays
I hear what you are saying, but then we would need to also add that UNITED also gives RPU's to Plat/1K.

I think it depends on where you sit on the totem pole, but that's always the case.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
There is a 2015 Thread

p.s.® Premium Service (LAX/SFO-JFK) Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2015)
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just did 1E/F both directions on ps - red-eye outbound, afternoon departure on the return. While the larger footwells are great, I'm rethinking these as the best seats in the cabin.

Unfortunately, the sUA FAs on both our flights seemed to have adopted the habit of congregating in the forward galley to chat following meal service. So we were forced to listen to FA chatter for about three or four hours in each direction. This was not exactly conducive to sleep on the red-eye. (It also resulted in some less than stellar post-meal service on the return. Not only were drinks not replenished following conclusion of the meal service, but the empty glasses were left sitting on our table for several hours.)

Think I will go with row 3 or 4 for the next flight, despite the smaller footwells.
What about row 5 as it also has larger foot wells? (and 5 E&F) are the bulkhead behind the galley so it cuts out the light and the noise)
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goalie
What about row 5 as it also has larger foot wells? (and 5 E&F) are the bulkhead behind the galley so it cuts out the light and the noise)
I've done 5A/B and would never again, as they look straight into the galley. Plus the FA's tend to put the snack basket right on top of your AVOD monitors

Possibly 5E/F, per JVPhoto. Although I've actually really liked row 4 in the past, so long as you don't need the footwell space to sleep.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goalie
When I was flying UA on that route, I always took 5E or F for the reasons you state.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As there is a 2015 thread, will close this thread.

see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ce-2015-a.html

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.