Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Digital Redesign Update: Next up, a new iOS mobile app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by villox
I've noticed that it just disappears from the home screen, and suspect it's a time zone issue. It's still sitting in passbook if you open that app. Still annoying.
Hmm, the bp disappeared on SFO-ORD and ORD-SFO flights. You would think they would figure out time zone issues between their major hubs. The bp was missing from passbook as well.

Btw, I had paper bp's reissued in LHR for the United metal flights. The LH bp's in passbook were still there, maybe I should have used them instead.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
OK I have 2 questions on the new app...

1. Bearing in mind how hard it is to change a flight online on United.com, I'm not sure I would want to even try it on the app. But can it be done? I read this whole thread and noticed one person bring up the issue but I din't see an answer and I haven't been able to figure it out myself.

2. I am still on the iPhone 4s but have a free upgrade to the 5. Was sort of waiting from the iPhone 6 to come out in the summer, but that is neither hear nor there. I am running ios7 does it work a lot better for the united app on the 5s than the 4s?

The most important thing thing for me is to be able to change a flight when I am on the go, quickly and easily. The mobile app is not entirely terrible but I would have thought the ability to change flights would be on there. Am I missing something?
Old May 30, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
New update just got pushed, organizing the cards into sections and each item within them (BPs, reservations, etc.) vertically stacked and truncated. I just took a brief look on my iPhone and my initial impression is that this is a major improvement over the previous "fully-flat" look. ^

Unfortunately, seat maps are still oriented horizontally, which is mind-bogglingly lame. Mobile site is so much cleaner with the vertical maps.
Old May 30, 2014, 12:08 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

iOS Mobile App Update

Hi everyone,

Today we released the latest update to the iOS mobile app. We incorporated several developments made with the recently released Android app and feedback from the initial app versions.

Here’s what you can expect to see:
-Stacking cards: Like in the Android app, data will now stack to show more information for multiple boarding passes, reservations, flight statuses, and United Club passes.
-Flight Status city pair summary: When searching flight status with the option “By city”, the results page will now display each flight’s status (On time, In flight, Delayed (with new departure time), Canceled, etc).
-Pick-list navigation on flight status cards: Additional options are now available from the flight status cards (like navigating straight to the standby or upgrade list).
-MileagePlus Dining: You can now access the MileagePlus Dining mobile site from the app to see what restaurants are nearby that can earn you miles.
-Updated home screen: We removed the icons in favor of text navigation and updated the aircraft image to feature our new split scimitar winglets.
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to build on these new platforms and approach the launch of the new united.com.

UA Insider
Old May 30, 2014, 1:21 pm

Seems to be better functional for me...

My only "complaint" is that it can be frustrating to some people if you change the UI too often.

Last edited by edcho; May 30, 2014 at 1:29 pm
Old May 30, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
the navigation bar looks somewhat 'unfinished' on ipad. i almost don't want to mention it because it's a lot more intuitive and functional than the vague icons of the previous version.

my only real issues with the app (all platforms) are:
(1) it takes >10 seconds to load a reservation (maybe UA can upgrade those 386s and 486s in their servers to pentiums one of these days!),
(2) the 'point inside' airport maps are worthless and incredibly confusing. ditch that company and use google maps
(3) seat map orientation continues to be a complete joke. take advantage of screen dimensions.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I liked the previous navigation on the top.

Agree on the airport maps? Did absolutely nothing for me when I was trying to to figure out the UC location and rest of ORD set up.
I would prefer the terminal maps like on the UA or *A site.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA - Plat
My "Flight Notifications" seems to be growing exponentially - I'm at 145 notifications for the same flight tomorrow. ??? All "on-time"....
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by adambrau
The most important thing thing for me is to be able to change a flight when I am on the go, quickly and easily. The mobile app is not entirely terrible but I would have thought the ability to change flights would be on there. Am I missing something?
I've done SDC from the app quite often and it's worked perfectly, but I've never tried to change a flight further in advance.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I liked the previous navigation on the top.

Agree on the airport maps? Did absolutely nothing for me when I was trying to to figure out the UC location and rest of ORD set up.
I would prefer the terminal maps like on the UA or *A site.
Every time I try to open a map, I get kicked out of the app.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drewnyc
My "Flight Notifications" seems to be growing exponentially - I'm at 145 notifications for the same flight tomorrow. ??? All "on-time"....
I have this too... turned on alerts for 1 flight and now I have 13 flight notifications.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

I'm experiencing the same issue with Flight Notifications...98 at the moment
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA former 2P
I was upto 200+ flight notifications for a 2 segment trip. Logging out and back in reduced it to 1 segment being duplicated 6 times (no and duplications of the 2nd segment). Uninstalled the app and re-installed cleared the initial login issue. Now it just seems to grow hourly, but logging out and back in
takes it back to a good state.

Ah, and just catching up on email, apparently 12-hour vs 24-hour clock makes a difference too. They recommend using 12-hour clock until the next fix it out (expected later this week).
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mduell
I have this too... turned on alerts for 1 flight and now I have 13 flight notifications.
Later 25, then 27, now 29 notifications for the same flight.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA - Plat

I'm at 153 for a two segment flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.