Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United SFO Family Day - October 13th, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat

It was very fun to be there again. United put 747, Hawaii 777 (the remodel one), and two 737s. Too bad I couldn't get on 747 for cockpit tour -- always the hot one!

Thanks UA and UA insider team's invitation again. Very much appreciated
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Thanks to all the folks at UA for putting on this great event. United employees are awsome.

Last edited by buckeyefanflyer; Oct 13, 2013 at 8:25 pm
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Thanks to UA insider, all the UA employees and the FlyerTalker team for a great event. My favorite time was we got tour the new terminal E and got to climb the stairs to the roof. Great view of the airport. Fantastic weekend.
I saw the group being let in for the tour. I was so super jealous that I couldn't join in.

The Tour guide was Doug Yakel, Public Information Officer for SFO.
http://i.imgur.com/T70O29s.jpg
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:49 pm

I asked if i could look at the 747 landing gear as the area was ropped off and they said yes. My first job out of college I was a landing gear planned for Cleveland Pneumatic Company and worked on 747 gears. The company was eventfully bought by Goodrich and I spend 3 years working in Miami at the airport when we relocated. It was nice to see a CPC nameplate on nosegear of the UA airplane.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:53 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mckerrow
It was very fun to be there again. United put 747, Hawaii 777 (the remodel one), and two 737s. Too bad I couldn't get on 747 for cockpit tour -- always the hot one!

Thanks UA and UA insider team's invitation again. Very much appreciated
Indeed it was a great day. The 747 cockpit tour is an E Ticket ride for sure, we did it two years ago. This year we had a ticket for the last cockpit tour of the day at 3:30 but instead passed it over to a couple who didn't realize you needed a ticket and had two very disappointed young sons.

A big thank you to all the folks at United who made this possible.

Danville 1K
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
My wife and I had a lovely afternoon with United. Many thanks to the employees and volunteers who shared this experience with us. My pictures from the day are at http://t.co/IaSodwXMBA.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AS 75k, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, National EE
It was a fantastic day, with the only glitch being that I missed the airplane pull. Whatever group of 5 FTers signed up did so right before I did. I had missed mentioning it at the check-in desk. That's okay, though -- during the time of the pull, my group (2 other adults, 2 kids) were on the cockpit tour of the 747. What a great experience, especially the walk up the stairs. I've talked about it with my kids, but they haven't yet gotten to do it (they're 7 and 4). They were still talking about it tonight.

What I particularly enjoyed was the variety of things to do. From demonstrations to magic acts to airplane tours to a car show, there's something for everyone. As others have said, I send a big 'thank you' to United for putting this on and inviting us.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
My wife and I had a lovely afternoon with United. Many thanks to the employees and volunteers who shared this experience with us. My pictures from the day are at http://t.co/IaSodwXMBA.
Very nice pictures thanks for sharing! ^
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by danville 1K
Indeed it was a great day. The 747 cockpit tour is an E Ticket ride for sure, we did it two years ago. This year we had a ticket for the last cockpit tour of the day at 3:30 but instead passed it over to a couple who didn't realize you needed a ticket and had two very disappointed young sons.

Danville 1K
Wow that was very sweet (and generous) of you to do.

It was very nice to meet you (and talk about food & Europe), as well as everybody else at the Mini-Do and of course at Family Day today. This was our first time, and I hope to do this again... glad to know it's every Columbus Day Weekend. It was also nice to meet the UA employees, especially those who flew out for this event - because I'm sure you'll all be working on Monday! So really, a big big thanks to the UA and FFG people who put on the Mini Do and worked the weekend for our pleasure, and of course to everyone involved with Family Day. I had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing other people's pictures.

For those of you who flew out for the Mini Do and/or Family Day, I hope you had good flights back home without any delays.

Michael
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by danville 1K

Danville 1K
Nice!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 2:31 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Very nice pictures thanks for sharing! ^
Yes indeed, from those of us who couldn't make it.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by gaobest
Wow that was very sweet (and generous) of you to do.

It was very nice to meet you (and talk about food & Europe), as well as everybody else at the Mini-Do and of course at Family Day today. This was our first time, and I hope to do this again... glad to know it's every Columbus Day Weekend. It was also nice to meet the UA employees, especially those who flew out for this event - because I'm sure you'll all be working on Monday! So really, a big big thanks to the UA and FFG people who put on the Mini Do and worked the weekend for our pleasure, and of course to everyone involved with Family Day. I had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing other people's pictures.

For those of you who flew out for the Mini Do and/or Family Day, I hope you had good flights back home without any delays.

Michael

Back Home. Flight landed 45 min. early. Pilot was telling those jokes like WN FA does. Sat in middle seat baulkhead on A319. Women had a small dog on the isle and she was allowed to have it out during the flight. I was sleeping most of the flight. During the last hour the dog licked my hand, women while woman was in the restroom in the back. Great Weekend.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nice photos, especially those shots of the domestic 777 with the refurbished barcaloungers up front.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Thanks UA for the invite and the event, glad I was able to go again this year !

Originally Posted by halls120
Nice photos, especially those shots of the domestic 777 with the refurbished barcaloungers up front.
I just posted a few more photos on the domestic 777 on the other thread during UA family day.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21604476-post432.html
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thank you Aaron, Evan and the UA family for a great day out. The kids had a blast, and their dad was a kid for the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.