FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United SFO Family Day - October 13th, 2013 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1504273-united-sfo-family-day-october-13th-2013-a.html)

UA Insider Sep 18, 2013 5:10 pm

United SFO Family Day - October 13th, 2013

Hi Everyone,

We’re doing it again! United will be hosting its annual Family Day Open House for United employees and their families this year at SFO. Here are the details:
  • Date: Sunday October 13th
  • Time: 11:00am to 4:30pm
This year, we’re bringing back a lot of what you know and love, including aircraft on display (from multiple United narrow- and wide-bodies, to stunt planes and civilian models) and maintenance facility tours. Featured guests also include the Patriots precision flying team, which was founded by a United pilot and is the only civilian jet demonstration team in the United States.

As in years past, we expect a large turn-out at this event, but have secured a limited number of tickets for members here and a guest to attend. If you’d like to attend, please send us an email at [email protected] with the following information:
  • Name
  • Email address
  • Guest’s name (if applicable)
We’ll handle requests on a first come, first served basis, and let you know by October 3rd if we’re able to confirm you. Once confirmed, you’ll receive an email with all the specifics. We look forward to seeing you there!

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines

goalie Sep 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks so much for extending the invite, Aaron ^ and e-mail sent

Looks like I'll have to stock up on Tootsie-Pops ;-) if I make the cut and do you know if there will be a plane pill contest as in year's past? (Team Flyertalk is a 4 year running champion and if yes to the plane pull, I'd be happy to be the point person as in the past :))

and to add, my 24,000th post :)

DBCme Sep 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Very nice of you to extend the invitation, as always.

Unfortunately, I once again will be traveling.

Hope the event goes well!

MatthewLAX Sep 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Thank you Aaron! Appreciate you continuing to extend this invite. I'll be far away form SFO though!

snowed Sep 18, 2013 7:02 pm

You literally made my day Aaron :) Thank you for extending this invitation to us again this year.

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 21468006)
If I make the cut and do you know if there will be a plane pull contest as in year's past? (Team Flyertalk is a 4 year running champion and if yes to the plane pull, I'd be happy to be the point person as in the past :))

Goalie, am happy to see you return to lead this year's team.

PS: I am also very happy I did not embarrass myself by replying to the previous year's closed thread in a panic like I did last year...

SQ Flyer Talker Sep 18, 2013 7:28 pm

E-mail sent. Thank you Aaron,

Any idea of whether UA will have its 787 as one of the aircraft static display?

iceman77_7 Sep 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks for extending the invite again this year. Unfortunately after attending the amazing event the last three years, I won't be able to make it this year. :-(

itamarreuven Sep 18, 2013 11:36 pm

Email Sent!

Thank you Aaron

goalie Sep 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by snowed (Post 21468101)
You literally made my day Aaron Thank you for extending this invitation to us again this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goalie

If I make the cut and do you know if there will be a plane pull contest as in year's past? (Team Flyertalk is a 4 year running champion and if yes to the plane pull, I'd be happy to be the point person as in the past )

Goalie, am happy to see you return to lead this year's team.

PS: I am also very happy I did not embarrass myself by replying to the previous year's closed thread in a panic like I did last year...

You did far from embarrass yourself or Flyertalk as not only did your take the reins and put the team together last year, you made it a Four-peat Championship ^. Now if there is a plane pull this year, the pressure of embarrassment is all on me :eek:

danville 1K Sep 19, 2013 1:40 am

I'm sure it'll be another great day. Thank you for your hospitality.

acesflyerSFO Sep 19, 2013 2:57 am

United SFO Family Day - October 13th, 2013

I've got plans to depart to Asia on the 11th, but if I get the tickets might be worth changing my tickets...

CDKing Sep 19, 2013 8:09 am

Is there a way to skip out early? The only saver award i could find to BOS was 4PM. Now to figure out what to do with my bag since i cant check it in before the event starts. Hopefully i will be accepted.

Originally Posted by acesflyerSFO (Post 21469506)
I've got plans to depart to Asia on the 11th, but if I get the tickets might be worth changing my tickets...

Last year i was in SFO when it happened and i totally regretted not doing SDC to attend.

anc-ord772 Sep 19, 2013 9:31 am

Sent an email last night. Thanks Aaron. First year based in the West Coast. Excited to have an opportunity to attend.

dlflyer2 Sep 19, 2013 9:50 am

Email request sent

JC1120 Sep 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Just as an FYI, those that are registered for the FFG Mini-DO that same weekend do not need to request tickets through this, as you will get special Family Day tickets through that event.