Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help from an elite member

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Need help from an elite member

I just lost my Gold status because I closed my Club card, and I want to know if it is worth renewing it for $395.

I believe that elite members have a greater inventory of Saver tickets. Can someone check if there is any saver availability (4 or 5 seats) from Rome to LAX sometime the week of June 9, 2014 on United (not a partner). I believe the flights would go through either IAD or EWR.

Thanks
Allen
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Marriott Platinum
There are saver awards on the 10th from ROM to LAX. If you want 4 or 5 you have to go on a partner from what is showing now.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Possession of Club Card gives Gold status?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by arrosen
I just lost my Gold status because I closed my Club card ....
Club card does not provide Gold status, expanded award inventory is not listed in the Club card materials (but there are some unpublished benefits that I am unaware of and that may be one)
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Club card does not provide Gold status, expanded award inventory is not listed in the Club card materials (but there are some unpublished benefits that I am unaware of and that may be one)
Thank for the info

The Club Card waives the requirement for the 4 UA segments that are needed for Elite Status. I have 60,000+ EQM, but all on partners so the only way for me to get status is either fly 4 UA segments, or get the card for $395.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by arrosen
..... The Club Card waives the requirement for the 4 UA segments that are needed for Elite Status. I have 60,000+ EQM, but all on partners so the only way for me to get status is either fly 4 UA segments, or get the card for $395.
Status earning in 2014 for 2015 status is getting new requirements that may impact your situation, suggest reviewing http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ification.html

How quickly did it take to lose status after closing the Club Card?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Status earning in 2014 for 2015 status is getting new requirements that may impact your situation, suggest reviewing http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ification.html

How quickly did it take to lose status after closing the Club Card?
About 2 weeks
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:12 pm

I'm dealing with a similar issue now. I met the minimum 25K miles for Premier Silver (and had the UA Chase Club credit card at the time) but only had 2 segments to date this year on UA metal. Premier Silver was granted.

That was three weeks ago. Since then I canceled my Club card at the one-year mark (did not think the $395 annual fee was worth it).

Found out today that I'm back to being a General Member.

The rules state that Club card holders are exempt from the minimum four segments on UA metal at the time of premier status qualification. But I haven't seen anything that states that you have to keep the card to maintain the exemption.

Anyone have any thoughts about this? On the phone with MileagePlus now...

Thanks all.

Last edited by dmlee18; Jul 20, 2013 at 10:20 pm
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dmlee18
I'm dealing with a similar issue now. I met the minimum 25K miles for Premier Silver (and had the UA Chase Club credit card at the time) but only had 2 segments to date this year on UA metal. Premier Silver was granted.

That was three weeks ago. Since then I canceled my Club card at the one-year mark (did not think the $395 annual fee was worth it).

Found out today that I'm back to being a General Member.

The rules state that Club card holders are exempt from the minimum four segments on UA metal at the time of premier status qualification. But I haven't seen anything that states that you have to keep the card to maintain the exemption.

Anyone have any thoughts about this? On the phone with MileagePlus now...

Thanks all.
I would hope UA would require that one receiving a benefit holds the qualification instrument for the benefit to receive the benefit. If you don't have the 4 qualifying segments nor the Club Card, why should you get the benefit? Unfortunately for Silvers with the required segments or who still hold the card, I can't find the language that denies you the benefit, as wrong as it is.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:42 pm

Good news. Called MP customer service and spoke with an agent who kept wanting to refer me to Chase (since they were the ones who requested my status be reverted to General Member ). After 10 minutes of congenial back and forth I asked for a supervisor.

As soon as we were connected, the supervisor said he'd grant a one-time exemption and revert my status back to Silver! Of course, as soon as he said this, my cell decided to drop the call.

Quickly called back and explained the situation to the frontline representative and amazingly was reconnected with the same supervisor! This was the Philippines call center.

Even though its small, great to be back as Silver!

Thanks, UA MP!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by dmlee18
Good news. Called MP customer service and spoke with an agent who kept wanting to refer me to Chase (since they were the ones who requested my status be reverted to General Member ). After 10 minutes of congenial back and forth I asked for a supervisor.

As soon as we were connected, the supervisor said he'd grant a one-time exemption and revert my status back to Silver! Of course, as soon as he said this, my cell decided to drop the call.

Quickly called back and explained the situation to the frontline representative and amazingly was reconnected with the same supervisor! This was the Philippines call center.

Even though its small, great to be back as Silver!

Thanks, UA MP!
We'll all be looking for you more often on the Friendly Skies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.