Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How To Ticket Held Award Reservation with Another MP Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:58 am
Original Poster

I have a held award reservation with an account that had insufficient miles and now want to ticket using an account with enough miles. How do I do this? Do I log into the MP account with sufficient miles and then enter the confirmation number for the held award to ticket or do I need to call and give the info over the phone?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Call UA. Pay the phone fee. Do not muck with the PNR online. If it's cancelled, even by accident, there is no guarantee that the seats go back into award inventory and that they can be rebooked.

Let a CSR handle this. Period.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by dldkjones
I have a held award reservation with an account that had insufficient miles and now want to ticket using an account with enough miles. How do I do this? Do I log into the MP account with sufficient miles and then enter the confirmation number for the held award to ticket or do I need to call and give the info over the phone?
Just another data point. It has been done before by calling UA 1K line.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Often1
Let a CSR handle this. Period.
Great advise ^
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:00 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
I accidently did this once - login into the account which has miles, add the reservation to your my upcoming trips, and then ticket it .

I THINK when a ticket is issued, united basically uses the account information of the person logged in, not the person who originally held the ticket. this might be a glitch, so YMMV.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
I accidently did this once - login into the account which has miles, add the reservation to your my upcoming trips, and then ticket it .

I THINK when a ticket is issued, united basically uses the account information of the person logged in, not the person who originally held the ticket. this might be a glitch, so YMMV.
Has anyone else had this experience as well recently?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by sahiljain22

How long ago did this accident occur? PRE or POST 3/3/2012?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by dldkjones
Has anyone else had this experience as well recently?
I had a similar situation over Easter weekend 2013. Held an LAX-EWR saver award on one account, was able to transfer over the phone, however caused some confusion with phone agents later on when I had an issue with purchasing additional miles (see here, never got a super clear answer). But bottom line, yes, it is pretty easy to change (only a Silver and they didn't mind as it wasn't yet ticketed).

It is important to note that whichever account tickets the reservation dictates the associated benefits for the traveller. For example, a 1K who books for a general member would be able to do things like free E+ at booking, etc. However, I was able to change the MP # at online checkin and gain free E+ (after ticket was booked on a general member account). Again, not sure if this is a glitch but I definitely appreciated it!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 8:34 pm
RLG

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier
anyone have any more recent experience with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.