Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to book award and revenue (cash) tickets on the same PNR? No.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Can you have a single PNR where one passenger is a cash/revenue ticket and the other passenger is an award ticket?
No -- all passengers on a PNR must be of the same type ( cash or award) -- they must be the same fare class, same cabin, same routing, ....this is standard for all airlines. The airline industry-wide global distribution system (GDS) imposes this "commonality" restriction.

Can you have a single PNR where one direction is a cash/revenue ticket and the other direction is an award ticket?
No, while probably not a GDS limitation, most airlines do not allow this as the ticket rules for cash tickets and award tickets are very different.

Related threads
Combine reservations into one PNR? Can not be done.

Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, "off-pnr" [Consoldiated]

Economy Plus for Companions if on separate PNR [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Is it possible to book award and revenue (cash) tickets on the same PNR? No.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:15 pm

I'm looking to book some flights for our family to KOA from DEN later this year, I have enough miles to purchase 3 of the tickets, and would need to purchase the final ticket.

I am a lowly premier silver member;

What is the optimal way to do this, should I travel on the award ticket or the purchased ticket? If I travel on the purchased ticket and the family on the reward tickets, do we get the same baggage perks?

I also can't figure out a way to book them all online with 1 transaction, is it worth calling, or just booking in 2 separate transactions?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
You will have to call to get all the people on one reservation. I would make the reservations on line and then call or they will charge you. You will have have two transactions.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by profiled
I'm looking to book some flights for our family to KOA from DEN later this year, I have enough miles to purchase 3 of the tickets, and would need to purchase the final ticket.

I am a lowly premier silver member;

What is the optimal way to do this, should I travel on the award ticket or the purchased ticket? If I travel on the purchased ticket and the family on the reward tickets, do we get the same baggage perks?

I also can't figure out a way to book them all online with 1 transaction, is it worth calling, or just booking in 2 separate transactions?
It is not possible to mix award tickets and cash ticket together on the same reservation / PNR. It will need to be two separate reservations
You can share some of your benefits Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated] But check bag fee is not one and as a Silver it is only one additional companion

A long shot worth pricing out is What is the "Book with Money and Miles" option ?
The miles are only valued at $0.01 per mile but it is possible to book all four on one ticket/PNR and use both miles and cash. You can use as many or as little miles as you care.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by profiled

Ya, it's impossible to mix and match. Gotta do a separate purchase form miles and cash tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.