FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   System showing I did not fly, so no mileage credit. I flew. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1458984-system-showing-i-did-not-fly-so-no-mileage-credit-i-flew.html)

LaserSailor Apr 16, 2013 5:31 pm

One of the reasons I refuse to use mobile phone boarding passes. You would have nothing to mail in.
Iphone Power button/thumb button will screen shot your BP for you for future reference.

JeffS Apr 16, 2013 6:02 pm

I would just use united.com to request the missing mileage credit.

LilAbner Apr 16, 2013 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by 0hw0rd (Post 20602416)
...and was told that I was not showing up as ever being on the flight. She said my only option is to mail a copy of my boarding pass and receipt to the MP service center in ND, with the "hope" that they use it as proof to issue the PQM/PQS. Any idea as to what happened or if there is any way to get my credit without mailing everything in?

By chance did you check bags to your final destination?

This would be helpful.

You're probably going to need to send copies to where they told you & everything should work out.

Good luck!^

UA-NYC Apr 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by LaserSailor (Post 20603329)
Iphone Power button/thumb button will screen shot your BP for you for future reference.

Passbook great for saving old digital BPs

Originally Posted by JeffS (Post 20603472)

YMMV - I've had more luck speaking with humans at MP

edcho Apr 16, 2013 6:39 pm

This happened to me once. They had issues checking me in and resynced after I departed even though I had a BP. The only reason I knew is that the FA told me before we departed and I was told not to worry. Unfortunately, the segment fell off my ticket and never got credited.

I made a quick call to the MP desk for "missing credit" and got it credited though "within 24 hours". I spent 10 minutes on the phone -- half of it was spent talking about my trip. Not sure why you had to go through the hoopla -- i'd say hang up and try again as per a few posters above.

Wildfan88 Apr 16, 2013 7:04 pm

I have had occurrences similar, fixed either via email with all the facts/tix number/etc or via hard mail

be persistent

0hw0rd Apr 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by JeffS (Post 20603472)

I did that prior to calling and it said miles had already been credited to that eTicket number, which was half true, since the SNA to IAH portion had posted.

I checked two bags to PIT and both arrived with no issue.

I'll try emailing them the info tomorrow to see if that will do the trick - thanks for the address and idea.

UAkls Apr 17, 2013 5:54 am

This happened to me and the rep on the phone said that my boarding pass did not prove that I was on the flight. I was told the system showed that I had been off-loaded. He told me -- and this is a direct quote -- "the system does not lie." I asked, "so, you are saying that I am lying." He was silent. Then I told him that I had a credit card reciept indicating the date and flight number for a wine I bought on board. Since I was supposedly not on the flight, I asked if United was filing fraudulent charges on my card without my knowledge. He was silent. I asked to speak to a supervisor who quickly gave me the miles. Now, on every flight I fly I feel the need to buy something to have further proof. Sad.

chinatraderjmr Apr 17, 2013 7:10 am

Originally Posted by SittingUpFront (Post 20602539)
I take screenshots of my mobile boarding passes.

If you have an iPhone, your mobile BP can be kept forever

drewguy Apr 17, 2013 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Doc Savage (Post 20602618)
The silliest part of this is that possession of the boarding pass in no way proves that you actually took the flight. :D

+1. That's why I've always been curious about this. If I skipped the flight (e.g., short stopped) I would still have the paper or mobile boarding pass.

mgcsinc Apr 17, 2013 8:43 am

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 20606144)
+1. That's why I've always been curious about this. If I skipped the flight (e.g., short stopped) I would still have the paper or mobile boarding pass.

^ Or even if you never got on any segment at all. It is actually kinda shocking to me that so many people take screenshots, seeing as it doesn't prove a damn thing. But maybe this reflects UA's bizarre idea that it proves something.

COSPILOT Apr 17, 2013 8:59 am

Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 20606242)
^ Or even if you never got on any segment at all. It is actually kinda shocking to me that so many people take screenshots, seeing as it doesn't prove a damn thing. But maybe this reflects UA's bizarre idea that it proves something.

I suppose one could turn on location services and take a photo of the departure gate, as well as the arrival gate. :D

UA-NYC Apr 17, 2013 9:03 am

Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 20606242)

Part of it is habit, up until recently you were asked for specific seat assignments on missing flights...can be a PITA to find those after the fact

mgcsinc Apr 17, 2013 9:21 am

Originally Posted by COSPILOT (Post 20606328)
I suppose one could turn on location services and take a photo of the departure gate, as well as the arrival gate. :D

The key is to buy something cheap in each airport and get a receipt :)

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 20606350)
Part of it is habit, up until recently you were asked for specific seat assignments on missing flights...can be a PITA to find those after the fact

Ah, I see.

PTahCha Apr 17, 2013 9:39 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 20605776)
If you have an iPhone, your mobile BP can be kept forever

Assuming you use the passbook function.