FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   System showing I did not fly, so no mileage credit. I flew. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1458984-system-showing-i-did-not-fly-so-no-mileage-credit-i-flew.html)

0hw0rd Apr 16, 2013 2:47 pm

System showing I did not fly, so no mileage credit. I flew.

Just checked my mileage statement and found that I am missing credit on the IAH>PIT leg of my SNA>IAH>PIT trip on 4/11. I called to find out why nothing was showing up for the second leg (1417) and was asked if there were any delays or issues with the flight. We departed on schedule and as far as I know, they didn't switch a/c, so I told her that no, there were no issues. She said that there were issues with the flight and that because I said there were not, there is no proof that I actually boarded the flight. Asked her why she couldn't just check the system to see that I scanned my BP and was told that I was not showing up as ever being on the flight. She said my only option is to mail a copy of my boarding pass and receipt to the MP service center in ND, with the "hope" that they use it as proof to issue the PQM/PQS. Any idea as to what happened or if there is any way to get my credit without mailing everything in?

Always Flyin Apr 16, 2013 3:03 pm

One of the reasons I refuse to use mobile phone boarding passes. You would have nothing to mail in.

SittingUpFront Apr 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 20602527)
One of the reasons I refuse to use mobile phone boarding passes. You would have nothing to mail in.

I take screenshots of my mobile boarding passes.

hobo13 Apr 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by 0hw0rd (Post 20602416)
and was asked if there were any delays or issues with the flight. We departed on schedule and as far as I know, they didn't switch a/c, so I told her that no, there were no issues. She said that there were issues with the flight and that because I said there were not, there is no proof that I actually boarded the flight.

Haha.... a United flight with NO issues? Clearly, you WERE lying. And she knew it!

Doc Savage Apr 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Call another agent, rinse, repeat till satisfied.

0hw0rd Apr 16, 2013 3:11 pm

I used my mobile pass, but also print out a physical copy to have as backup in case my battery dies, so luckily I do have one to mail in. I just don't understand how there is no record of me being on the flight. Both of my checked bags made it through to PIT with no issue. I flew F and no one was upgraded into my seat on that flight (With 7+ people on F standby), which I assume would happen if I was a no show at the gate.

DBCme Apr 16, 2013 3:11 pm

One positive experience of the new UA has been this ability to resolve these issues over the phone rather than emails which tooks days or weeks. Not everyone who answers cares, not everyone who answers is empowered, but with a few phone calls it can get done.

demkr Apr 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by SittingUpFront

I take screenshots of my mobile boarding passes.

I do too. And its sad that we have to.

mherdeg Apr 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by 0hw0rd (Post 20602563)
I used my mobile pass, but also print out a physical copy to have as backup in case my battery dies, so luckily I do have one to mail in. I just don't understand how there is no record of me being on the flight. Both of my checked bags made it through to PIT with no issue. I flew F and no one was upgraded into my seat on that flight (With 7+ people on F standby), which I assume would happen if I was a no show at the gate.

It sounds like you're in "hang up and try again" territory here.

If you want to make a big deal out of it, you can try pointing out that *someone* flew with your boarding pass in your seat, and if it wasn't you, there was a serious security problem that needs to be reported to the FAA immediately, and ask them to help you document the case.

0hw0rd Apr 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by DBCme (Post 20602567)
One positive experience of the new UA has been this ability to resolve these issues over the phone rather than emails which tooks days or weeks. Not everyone who answers cares, not everyone who answers is empowered, but with a few phone calls it can get done.

True story. While checking in at the start of the trip I got an email that my upgrade had been revoked and that I would not be on the standby list. Called three times and got three different answers and explanations as to why I couldn't get my seat back. Called a fourth time and the guy had no problem giving my seat back right away. It would be nice if they were all at least on kind of the same page.

Doc Savage Apr 16, 2013 3:19 pm

The silliest part of this is that possession of the boarding pass in no way proves that you actually took the flight. :D

hobo13 Apr 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by DBCme (Post 20602567)

Actually, disagree.

PMUA used to fix mileage posting errors LIVE and in REALTIME on the phone. You could literally call in about getting ORC for United flights and verify that you got credit while the agent was still on the phone.

Now that we've regressed in technology by 10-30 years, they take the information and tell you that it will post in 24-48 hours.

How do I know? I just called in. And that was the answer. Yes, it was painless, but saying it's better now is clearly untrue.

*** And I can't ever recall a United-metal flight not posting correctly the first time, the NEXT DAY. In other words, I only ever called to get original routing credit (after a VDB, mx, or wx) or for a partner. The call I just made was for UA-metal flights. Nothing out of the ordinary with the flights, at all. And most baffling, they were the outbound 2 segments of a 4 segment round-trip.... so clearly the first flights were taken, or else the over-eager SHARES cancellation system would have voided the return ticket!

0hw0rd Apr 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 20602679)
Actually, disagree.

PMUA used to fix mileage posting errors LIVE and in REALTIME on the phone. You could literally call in about getting ORC for United flights and verify that you got credit while the agent was still on the phone.

Now that we've regressed in technology by 10-30 years, they take the information and tell you that it will post in 24-48 hours.

How do I know? I just called in. And that was the answer. Yes, it was painless, but saying it's better now is clearly untrue.

I'd be happy with the agent taking my info and making sure the credit is posted within 48 hours. Instead, I have to take time out of my schedule to get documents together to mail in via snail-mail, and hope that it maybe gets credited within the next decade. That $0.46 stamp is reallllly going to cut into my CPM!

hobo13 Apr 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by 0hw0rd (Post 20602840)
I'd be happy with the agent taking my info and making sure the credit is posted within 48 hours. Instead, I have to take time out of my schedule to get documents together to mail in via snail-mail, and hope that it maybe gets credited within the next decade. That $0.46 stamp is reallllly going to cut into my CPM!

You can also email them to [email protected]

I recently had to send him BP's, e-receipt, etc for some partner flights. It was a hassle. But I saved the stamp. Considering I was claiming F-class tickets on Air China that cost $272, the 46 cents would have definitely made an impact on my CPM! :D

LilAbner Apr 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by 0hw0rd (Post 20602416)
...... and was asked if there were any delays or issues with the flight. We departed on schedule and as far as I know, they didn't switch a/c, so I told her that no, there were no issues. She said that there were issues with the flight and that because I said there were not, there is no proof that I actually boarded the flight.

Being given a telephonic test to find out if you flew is total b.s.!
Call back and ask for a supervisor and tell that person what you were required to do when you spoke to a MP rep. Also, you didn't mention if this missing flight was on the outbound portion of your itin on 4/11, and if it was, you ain't comin' back on the flights that you think you are, and paid for! I would mention with all of the cancelling of flights when a res agent touches it to then perform some sort of 3rd rate impromptu exam is something that is amateurish and childish! It's like MP is doing a customer a favor to give them what they deserve and calling nearly every passenger a liar when the screw up is at their end is getting old real fast.

I was standing by a while back in DEN and was the last one to board. The g/a was in such a hurry to slam the door on my a$$ that he said no need to print a boarding pass, just grab any available seat. Well guess what? -NO credit for that flight as I didn't show up as boarding. Fortunately it was the last flight of my itin and nothing else could be screwed up. I guess my tone of voice when I asked for my miles to be credited got me past the "69 question" game and my miles were posted muy pronto!