Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Renovates IAH Terminal B South Concourse for $97 Million

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Chase Presidential Plus
Originally Posted by stampchez
I spent some time at connecting from B84 to B84 yesterday and cannot wait for the new area.
Yes, it is when you are at B84, and realize you still have 1/2 a mile to go before you get to the right part of B84 that is always so demoralizing. Exercise is good, but not when you are in a hurry.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
IIRC it has been home to Barbie's Dream Jets for the entire time when I was flying to/from and now via IAH.

Although the turboprops that used to fly from EFD may have used it - it's been so long I don't remember anymore, but I'm pretty sure CO didn't have a presence at A Term back then.

EmailKid
That is what I very loosely remember as well.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:09 pm

Houston Terminal B South Photos

[/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Some Photos from Houston Terminal B South that opened today to the public.

Last edited by coair73x; May 21, 2013 at 12:53 am
Old May 20, 2013, 6:31 pm

Nice pics -- glad to see that they went with the same gate information displays in PMUA hubs. I hate that black background -- even though it might be easier to read, it's ugly.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by coair73x
[/IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Some Photos from Houston Terminal B South that opened today to the public.

Where's Shipley's donuts? Same location in terminal B?? The twist glazed donut is one of the main reasons I connect through IAH
Old May 20, 2013, 6:59 pm

Shipley's is still there in the old food court near the security exit.
Old May 20, 2013, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by coair73x
Shipley's is still there in the old food court near the security exit.
Whew! That's good to hear! Was that food court (and bookstore and Chilis) area part of the renovation or does it look the same? I was under the impression that the entire terminal was renovated.
Old May 20, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Whew! That's good to hear! Was that food court (and bookstore and Chilis) area part of the renovation or does it look the same? I was under the impression that the entire terminal was renovated.
It looks the same.

Renovations will come to the lobby in Phase II.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by edcho
Nice pics -- glad to see that they went with the same gate information displays in PMUA hubs. I hate that black background -- even though it might be easier to read, it's ugly.
Well, seeing as how IAH IS a UA hub...

I'm confused, tho. What 'black background' are you seeing? The gate and flight displays have a blue background, except for the (presumably mandatory) *A branding.

On a general note - is anyone else reminded of the old RJ holding room in EWR Terminal C, circa 1993-94?
Old May 20, 2013, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Critic
Well, seeing as how IAH IS a UA hub...

I'm confused, tho. What 'black background' are you seeing? The gate and flight displays have a blue background, except for the (presumably mandatory) *A branding.

On a general note - is anyone else reminded of the old RJ holding room in EWR Terminal C, circa 1993-94?
I was talking about the PMCO gate displays (not in the new renovated Term B). Easy to read... ugly as hell (IMO). They just stuck the new UA logo on top of those displays. EWR and LAX (T6) is worse though.

Old May 20, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)

When is the second phase of terminal B renovations supposed to begin?

It is attractive but lacks character of any sort. I looks like an attractive bus terminal but that is a far cry better than what they have now.

They can put in all the fancy eating establishments they want and lots of plugs, I still can't get past the lack of gate bridges. I will continue to avoid Terminal B like the plague as I have been doing for years. I'll do a connection if I can do mainline rather than a non-stop RJ flight.. but I'm weird like that.

Last edited by Renard; May 21, 2013 at 3:58 am
Old May 21, 2013, 12:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Looks pretty good I think ^. Guess I'm going to have to memorize a whole bunch of new gate numbers though.
Old May 21, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Big Improvement!
Old May 24, 2013, 5:01 pm

Went through the "new B" two days ago, big big improvement. Looking forward to seeing more changes to the old terminal B and the new United Club
Old May 24, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP

Any moving walkways? I avoid hou like the plague since it can take forever to get between gates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.