Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

United Airlines | MileagePlus

Free Shower at CDG Sheraton for C & F Arrivals

Free Shower at CDG Sheraton for C & F Arrivals

Old Mar 11, 13, 6:45 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 3,676
Free Shower at CDG Sheraton for C & F Arrivals

Buried in another thread on the France boards is the news (at least to me) that UA C and F customers arriving at CDG can get free use of a shower at the Sheraton CDG for up to 45 minutes. I couldn't confirm this with either Sheraton or UA but the FT member reporting this seems pretty certain, and I plan to give it a try on my next arrival at CDG.

If this holds up, it would be good news. The other shower facility is in the Star Alliance Club inside security in T1. The Sheraton is outside security in T2, near both the RER platform for trains into Paris and the connection to the SNCF train station for long lines trains to other parts of France and Europe.
Mountain Trader is offline  
Old Mar 11, 13, 6:46 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Posts: 951
Interesting. Is it a shower room like in an airport lounge or do they give you keys to a room?
100% Green is offline  
Old Mar 11, 13, 6:54 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sacramento
Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Posts: 12,135
This is a nice service -- if correct info. ^
kevinsac is offline  
Old Mar 12, 13, 2:58 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,961
As I said elsewhere:

Originally Posted by exbayern View Post
I'm not sure why you don't believe this is a benefit. I'm not GS, and there are certainly other posters who have reported the same on the UA forum. Both the GS rep and the staff at the Sheraton verified that this is a benefit. I've never posted about it because frankly most people don't have the need for a shower when landing at their home destination.

Those who do choose to believe me may enjoy the use of the shower at the Sheraton. It's easier than your suggestion which puts the luggage at risk.

Here's just one report on FT for those who care to use it
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...customers.html

And this thread has another report as well as a post from 1K Voice from just a few months ago confirming what I have posted
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ounge-cdg.html
I've used it, I sent someone to use it this past weekend. 1K Voice confirmed it.

I don't know why after my posting several links to other posters using this service recently I am continued to be doubted. I have no idea why it shouldn't 'continue to hold up'. It was in place in the CO days, based on one of the links I posted.

I frankly don't care if the OP doesn't believe me or the other people who used it in those threads; I learned about the service from helpful FTers in past, and confirmed it with UA ground staff at CDG and with Sheraton staff at the hotel, and used it myself as recently as a few weeks ago, and know people who used it this past weekend.

100% Green, if you think that I am to be trusted, they give you a key to a small meeting room which has a bath with shower, and which has a small single rollaway bed as well. I'm local so rarely need it but for those who do want specific CDG information I am happy to help as I can.

Last edited by exbayern; Mar 12, 13 at 3:06 am
exbayern is offline  
Old Mar 12, 13, 5:53 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 3,676
Originally Posted by exbayern View Post
As I said elsewhere:

I've used it, I sent someone to use it this past weekend. 1K Voice confirmed it.

I don't know why after my posting several links to other posters using this service recently I am continued to be doubted. I have no idea why it shouldn't 'continue to hold up'.
Because, as you know, I wrote to Sheraton to see how this benefit works and they said that they contacted the CDG Sheraton and were told it does not exist. Maybe you should write to Sheraton and clear up their confusion on this.

Seems pretty easy to figure this one out. United arriving premium customers who are near the Sheraton in T2 should stop in and see if this works. If so, we will all thank those who brought it to light.

BTW, the CO connection would answer one question I had, that being why UA would have a benefit in a hotel in T2 when they use T1. There are no hotels inside T1 of course but it seems not a lot of United C and F customers would make their way to T2. However if this was a heritage of CO, it makes a lot of sense, and it might also explain why UA isn't well informed on the benefit either.
Mountain Trader is offline  
Old Mar 12, 13, 7:27 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: ORD / DUB / LHR
Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Posts: 8,241
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
BTW, the CO connection would answer one question I had, that being why UA would have a benefit in a hotel in T2 when they use T1. There are no hotels inside T1 of course but it seems not a lot of United C and F customers would make their way to T2. However if this was a heritage of CO, it makes a lot of sense, and it might also explain why UA isn't well informed on the benefit either.
CO had an arrangement like this in every longhaul destination city - either through the use of an airport arrivals lounge, or an agreement with a hotel.
star_world is offline  
Old Mar 12, 13, 7:30 am
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 99,558
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
Because, as you know, I wrote to Sheraton to see how this benefit works and they said that they contacted the CDG Sheraton and were told it does not exist. Maybe you should write to Sheraton and clear up their confusion on this.

Seems pretty easy to figure this one out. United arriving premium customers who are near the Sheraton in T2 should stop in and see if this works. If so, we will all thank those who brought it to light.

BTW, the CO connection would answer one question I had, that being why UA would have a benefit in a hotel in T2 when they use T1. There are no hotels inside T1 of course but it seems not a lot of United C and F customers would make their way to T2. However if this was a heritage of CO, it makes a lot of sense, and it might also explain why UA isn't well informed on the benefit either.
Not all arrangements tha exist between an airline and a hotel for arrival service purposes are known by the brand owner reps and sometimes not even by all at-property reps. The arrival service arrangement continues to exist despite that.


Originally Posted by star_world View Post
CO had an arrangement like this in every longhaul destination city - either through the use of an airport arrivals lounge, or an agreement with a hotel.
Not always the case, as sometimes for ARN and DEL.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Mar 12, 13, 8:00 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,961
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
Because, as you know, I wrote to Sheraton to see how this benefit works and they said that they contacted the CDG Sheraton and were told it does not exist. Maybe you should write to Sheraton and clear up their confusion on this.


Why would I write to Sheraton when I am IN France, spoke to the UA ground staff at CDG who confirmed it, spoke with the staff at the Sheraton at CDG who confirmed it, and took a shower myself just a few weeks ago?! Other posters have confirmed it, and 1K Voice has confirmed it.

I and several others have confirmed it, yet you seem determined to prove me wrong. I really don't know why. The option still exists as of two days ago.
exbayern is offline  
Old Sep 2, 13, 4:15 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 3,676
Originally Posted by exbayern View Post


Why would I write to Sheraton when I am IN France, spoke to the UA ground staff at CDG who confirmed it, spoke with the staff at the Sheraton at CDG who confirmed it, and took a shower myself just a few weeks ago?! Other posters have confirmed it, and 1K Voice has confirmed it.

I and several others have confirmed it, yet you seem determined to prove me wrong. I really don't know why. The option still exists as of two days ago.
"Often wrong but never in doubt"

Words to live by and they apply here.

Today I stopped at the Sheraton CDG to see if the reported arrivals facility for United business and first customers is really available. The first woman I spoke to at check-in said no, but when I pressed her, she went to a supervisor who came over with a check-in sheet marked "Continental Airlines", told me the room is available until noon and said they bill United, not the customer.

I am glad to be wrong here and congrats to the persistent FTer who braved my skepticism in letting all of us know about it.

Those not familiar with CDG should be aware that this is pretty out of the way for some. UA flights land at Terminal 1 and the Sheraton is at Terminal 2. t is very handy if you are connecting through T2 or if you are going to T2 for another reason, such as to get the RER. Otherwise, you may find the arrival showers at the Star Alliance lounge in T1 handier.
Mountain Trader is offline  
Old Sep 2, 13, 9:41 am
  #10  
glx
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Posts: 724
Sheraton in AMS allows you to use the gym bathroom/shower if you're arriving in BF/GF.

Yes, the gym.

I walked out and booked a room on my own dime.
glx is offline  
Old Sep 2, 13, 10:17 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Silicon wasteland
Programs: UA 1KMM
Posts: 1,307
Originally Posted by glx View Post
Sheraton in AMS allows you to use the gym bathroom/shower if you're arriving in BF/GF.

Yes, the gym.

I walked out and booked a room on my own dime.
Really? That's not so bad. I'd appreciate a quick workout as well as a shower after a long flight.

Works for me...
ryman554 is offline  
Old May 19, 14, 1:33 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
Posts: 317
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
"Often wrong but never in doubt"
Otherwise, you may find the arrival showers at the Star Alliance lounge in T1 handier.
I did not think that arriving passenger with no onward flight had access to the Star Alliance Lounge.
gregas is offline  
Old May 19, 14, 2:53 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Programs: TK*Gold; WN A-list; AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Posts: 5,765
This would probably only be useful to the person staying in Paris and maybe heading immediately to a worksite far from their hotel... but frankly, under normal circumstances I'd rather use the significant amount of time it would take to get over to this other terminal and get to the Sheraton there to get to my own hotel and shower there.
Renard is offline  
Old May 19, 14, 11:04 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,961
Originally Posted by Renard View Post
This would probably only be useful to the person staying in Paris and maybe heading immediately to a worksite far from their hotel... but frankly, under normal circumstances I'd rather use the significant amount of time it would take to get over to this other terminal and get to the Sheraton there to get to my own hotel and shower there.


The Sheraton is right above the RER and SNCF station in T2. It is certainly useful to people in various circumstances, including those of us who are flying back on UA from the US but dont have the time to head back into central Paris before going onwards. The point of an arrivals shower is that with flights landing early from the US, hotel rooms may not be available until later in the day.

I have used it many times when connecting to SNCF.

But so long as FTers continue to claim that I am wrong for the existence of the shower, or deter others from using it, it continues to benefit me. So I suppose thank you to the OP and to others.
exbayern is offline  
Old Jun 24, 14, 12:37 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,059
Originally Posted by exbayern View Post


The Sheraton is right above the RER and SNCF station in T2. It is certainly useful to people in various circumstances, including those of us who are flying back on UA from the US but dont have the time to head back into central Paris before going onwards. The point of an arrivals shower is that with flights landing early from the US, hotel rooms may not be available until later in the day.

I have used it many times when connecting to SNCF.

But so long as FTers continue to claim that I am wrong for the existence of the shower, or deter others from using it, it continues to benefit me. So I suppose thank you to the OP and to others.
I am very grateful Mountain Trader has pointed me to this thread.

May I ask the experts here, we would be on a UA ticket (016) but arrive on TG F, and we would take the TGV from T2 to head out to Normandy 2 hours after our arrival at 7:30am. If the Sheraton shower facility benefit would be available to UA F tickets even flying partner's F, that would be very convenient to us. Our travel is not until Sept. I would report back if we succeed to gain access.
Happy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread