FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free Shower at CDG Sheraton for C & F Arrivals
Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:15 am
Mountain Trader

Originally Posted by exbayern

Why would I write to Sheraton when I am IN France, spoke to the UA ground staff at CDG who confirmed it, spoke with the staff at the Sheraton at CDG who confirmed it, and took a shower myself just a few weeks ago?! Other posters have confirmed it, and 1K Voice has confirmed it.

I and several others have confirmed it, yet you seem determined to prove me wrong. I really don't know why. The option still exists as of two days ago.
"Often wrong but never in doubt"

Words to live by and they apply here.

Today I stopped at the Sheraton CDG to see if the reported arrivals facility for United business and first customers is really available. The first woman I spoke to at check-in said no, but when I pressed her, she went to a supervisor who came over with a check-in sheet marked "Continental Airlines", told me the room is available until noon and said they bill United, not the customer.

I am glad to be wrong here and congrats to the persistent FTer who braved my skepticism in letting all of us know about it.

Those not familiar with CDG should be aware that this is pretty out of the way for some. UA flights land at Terminal 1 and the Sheraton is at Terminal 2. t is very handy if you are connecting through T2 or if you are going to T2 for another reason, such as to get the RER. Otherwise, you may find the arrival showers at the Star Alliance lounge in T1 handier.