Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club/Arrivals or Star Alliance Lounge at CDG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

I'm going to Paris in a few weeks. I've always used the Star Alliance lounge, but I am a United Club member. I'll be travelling on a CO-operated flight.

Is there any discernible difference between the two lounges? I know that the Star Alliance lounge can get crowded, it's rather dark, but it does have showers.

Can anyone comment on the United Club next to it?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
United club members do not have access to the *A lounge... they did not buy in..

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,52706,00.html

Please note that United customers are not able to access the Star Alliance lounge at Charles de Gaulle International Airport, as United is not a participating member of that lounge. Eligible United customers are welcome to use the Red Carpet Club lounge located at airside, 10th floor, instead.
Are you *G?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
United club members do not have access to the *A lounge... they did not buy in..

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,52706,00.html

Please note that United customers are not able to access the Star Alliance lounge at Charles de Gaulle International Airport, as United is not a participating member of that lounge. Eligible United customers are welcome to use the Red Carpet Club lounge located at airside, 10th floor, instead.
Are you *G?
Not anymore ^ as there have been documented reports over in this thread (towards the end) that access is granted. Now whether one is granted access as a *G on UA or flying in UA First or Business, I'm not sure
Old Oct 28, 2011, 4:02 pm

Is there wifi now in the UC?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Is there wifi now in the UC?
It's had it for a while. When I was there in March, all you had to do was connect to UA_RCC (or whatever it was called) and then you were on. Did not require Mileage Plus #, etc.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
The United Club is old fashioned--the design is from the early 80s, has a tiny bathroom (single stall for the gents), and no showers. But it's not a bad lounge. It's not dark like the depressing Star lounge, food options range from acceptable to good, and agents are friendly. Basically if you're just expecting a place to sit, do some work and have a bite, it does the job. The Star lounge is much more modern but I don't know if it could be darker and more depressing.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
I'll be leaving CDG in the morning before the United Club opens. Though I'm a United Club member, my CDG-FRA-DEN flights are all in Y and I am a *Silver. Will I have access to the Star Alliance lounge based on my UC membership? The information I'm finding is conflicting. I presume that if it does not, I can access the LH Business Lounge but I'd love to check out the Star lounge.

Is the Star lounge pre-security?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by efjmiller
I'll be leaving CDG in the morning before the United Club opens. Though I'm a United Club member, my CDG-FRA-DEN flights are all in Y and I am a *Silver. Will I have access to the Star Alliance lounge based on my UC membership? The information I'm finding is conflicting. I presume that if it does not, I can access the LH Business Lounge but I'd love to check out the Star lounge.

Is the Star lounge pre-security?

Thanks.
Sorry - I just saw on united.com that the UC at CDG is now closed. Apologies for doing my homework AFTER posting.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 31, 2012 at 3:52 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
New *A lounge setup

The United Club is no longer; UA passengers use the *A lounge. The *A lounge is on two levels; the upper floor is the First Class and the lower level is the Business Class lounge. As a *G one is sent to the Business Class lounge. I don't know if you're flying Y and have a UA Club membership but are not *G if you can use the lounge.

The lounge is still dated and weird, just like the rest of CDG. Plus you need to get from the lounge to your departure gate, which means circumnavigating half the terminal, then going down, across and up the goofy moving sidewalk, then going through security. But you don't know how long it's going to take to do all that.

Beer is served in 25cl cans of 1664.
Breakfast was a few weird cold cuts, some potato quiche, and not very well heated chicken sausage. Bread however was on the opposite side of the lounge, along with two soups which were not bad but were tepid. Perhaps leftovers from last evening?
Like much furniture in France, the seating is uncomfortable but was once supposed to look tres chic.

All in all, it's a lounge but certainly not in contention for three Michelin stars.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was bemused by the strange salmon terrine. Food was definitely bizarre and it's odd to be in France and be offered a stale american-quality pain au chocolat. I bought saucisson at the duty free as a snack instead. LH lounge is only available behind LH security so I guess not an option unless flying LH.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
CDG Arrivals

Arriving in CDG in GF early morning - would like to shower and change before heading into town. What are the options? You used to be to able to go over the Sheraton in T2 and get a short term room by showing a BF boarding pass. Still the case or are there better options? The UA website seems particularly unhelpful here (or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place).

The Star Lounge isn't an option.

Last edited by djmp; Dec 26, 2012 at 3:03 am
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Arrivals @ the T2 Sheraton

Per 1Kvoice (response under 12 hours!):

Access the shower room at the Sheraton Hotel in Terminal 2 . You must get to the Lower Level and take the CDVAL, an automated metro that serves all the terminals and parking lots at CDG. It is a 7-minute ride on the automated metro. Keep the FirstBusiness boarding pass from the arrival flight and show it to the Sheraton staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.