Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

AERO - New SHARES overlay to debut [6-Mar-2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AERO - New SHARES overlay to debut [6-Mar-2013]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
When is someone at these airlines going to realize that instead of polishing a turd (which in the end still leaves you with piece of crap, no matter how glittery it looks), it's better to throw out all of the legacy crap and start over?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
So to the point you and I have made: let's discuss the new tools, how they impact us, what to look for, interaction with agents using Aero, and how this progresses and improves. I have to say that I really like the new UA website and the provided booking details and filter capabilities, especially with Expert Mode turned on. The UA App is one of (if not) the best app out there. Given these good advancements by UA, I'm shocked that aero appears to be so limited at core functionality after a nearly two-year roll-out and that agents (limited to one case of course) are reportedly being urged to use it primarily.
I'm with you on the UA App and the new website. The AA app isn't nearly as capable and functional, and their website is pitiful when compared to UA and DL.

Originally Posted by fly18725
Since CO does exist anymore and the usage of the label on FlyerTalk is only used in a negative context, I think my position is well justified. Labeling doesn't make us more educated consumers or help us know what to expect. Labeling only serves to divide and inflame.
I disagree that CO is only used in a negative context here on FT.

When United Continental Holdings becomes United Airlines, your position will become well justified.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by mduell
Once you've picked an airline, knowing the pros/cons of their PSS/CRS is very important. It informs you what to expect and what to watch out for. This is all doing exactly what your 2nd paragraph advocates.
I think FlyerTalk provides this value. What I have a problem with is the endless rehashing of the decision to go with SHARES and the insinuations of cronyism and illegality. It's an absurd stretch to argue this informs us, as customers, what to expect or watch for today.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mduell
What would you base it on other than TPF?

Are you sure it isn't 2038, the 32-bit signed time_t rollover?
#1 - I have no idea. I know various attempts have failed. I hope as IBM makes TPF cheaper and easier to program, it won't be an issue

#2 - I am not sure but I remember us talking about this during Y2K and it was beyond my retirement date so I did not really pay attention It was not in the 2030s as I might still be working...

Last edited by username; Feb 8, 2016 at 7:34 am
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Talking with an agent last night, his/her understanding was that "as soon as we're trained in Aero, they take away our old access."
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus(ick)
Originally Posted by channa

I know IRROPS was a challenge for CO, UA is using CO's systems, therefore IRROPS is a challenge for UA now. If I didn't understand this history, I might have been one of the naive #15 or #20 in line, maybe getting helped in a couple hours and losing a day of my trip.

That's what this board is about -- sharing information to become educated consumers to better our experiences with UA.
Well said.

In fact, I don't blame all this drama on SHARES itself. After all, many already know that pmUS was on SHARES.
I've flown pmUS many times, in their SHARES environment, and I've NEVER experienced the gut wrenching drama that comes with UA SHARES.
I really blame it on the sloppiness and cheapness of Continental.
They really didn't put any resources into making sure the base system was solid and smooth. In addition, they've layered it with all sorts of flyer-unfriendly rules and regulations that neuter GAs where they stand.

This new overlay may help agents work a little quicker without alphabet soup falling out of their ears, but the same restrictive rules and silly "help desk" calls won't go away. Because they're part of the foundation.
If there was ever a time for the reference, "lipstick on a pig," this is it.

Since going to AA 3 years ago, flying has been relatively drama free.
Even during THEIR changeover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.