Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier Qualifying Miles - Errors on Web Site Booking Engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K, UA 2 MM

I have noticed a number of errors in the PQM amounts indicated when booking international flights with Star Alliance carriers. For example this indicated 150% PQM for an S economy flight from FRA to JNB. It seems like there are many PQM errors for LH and SAA flights between Europe and SA.

Travel Time:
34 hr 30 mn
Award Miles/
Premier Qualifying*:
5,380 /150%

Total Award Miles:
Flight: UA7931
Operated by South African Airways.
Aircraft: Airbus A340-600
Fare Class: Economy (S)
Meal: Dinner
No Special Meal Offered.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat

These errors have been on united.com for a while. Even UAInsider recommended not to rely on these computations last year.

I would look at the booking class and check the table of mile awarding before buying the ticket.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mountainman
....It seems like there are many PQM errors for LH and SAA flights ....
the PQM calculations for partners are more likely wrong than right in the booking (right in the sense a stopped clock is right twice a day).
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
The mileage is sometimes wrong for UA metal flights as well. It is definitely wise to refer to the published charts and rely on those rather than on the display for individual flights.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, LANPASS Gold, AerolineasPlus Gold
I am not sure if this is an error. I flew EZE-JNB-HKG-PEK and back PEK-JNB-EZE on SAA being 1K last year and to my surprise I was awarded 150% PQM (not on HKG-PEK as it was on Air China). Fare class was H.
UA website does not states this on the SAA mileage chart.

Originally Posted by Mountainman
I have noticed a number of errors in the PQM amounts indicated when booking international flights with Star Alliance carriers. For example this indicated 150% PQM for an S economy flight from FRA to JNB. It seems like there are many PQM errors for LH and SAA flights between Europe and SA.

Travel Time:
34 hr 30 mn
Award Miles/
Premier Qualifying*:
5,380 /150%

Total Award Miles:
Flight: UA7931
Operated by South African Airways.
Aircraft: Airbus A340-600
Fare Class: Economy (S)
Meal: Dinner
No Special Meal Offered.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, LANPASS Gold, AerolineasPlus Gold
My mistake. I have just learned that UA changed the PQM earning rate of some *A member carries Jan. 1 (including SAA) so my example of a 2012 flight has no sense.

Originally Posted by JMRL
I am not sure if this is an error. I flew EZE-JNB-HKG-PEK and back PEK-JNB-EZE on SAA being 1K last year and to my surprise I was awarded 150% PQM (not on HKG-PEK as it was on Air China). Fare class was H.
UA website does not states this on the SAA mileage chart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.