20,000+ Lifetime Miles just vanished

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Wow mine is about 150K down (or 25%)...
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Wow mine is about 150K down (or 25%)...
A friend of my aunts brother-in-law, who has a cousin that used to work for pmUA told my sisters brother (Me) that UA is monitoring FT and subtracting 10K for every negative post made by "Over Entitled" MP members! Looks like you got busted for about 15 "No-No's"!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by LilAbner
A friend of my aunts brother-in-law, who has a cousin that used to work for pmUA told my sisters brother (Me) that UA is monitoring FT and subtracting 10K for every negative post made by "Over Entitled" MP members! Looks like you got busted for about 15 "No-No's"!
lol... oops
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
I noticed mine was down about 2,000 this morning. Was going to start a thread, but was figured it was a pretty insignificant change. It is troubling, though. Where is Insider when we need him?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
Thanks for posting this. It seems like we can't trust UA anymore. I have added lifetime miles to my spreadsheet that I use for tracking EQM. UA has been such as disappointment since 3/3 & things are still going wrong.
Bolding mine: Imho, it's just business as usual where the word of the day is SNAFU (tho if I was to add another word which has become all too commonplace since 3/3, that word would be "glitch")

Originally Posted by demosthenes1
I noticed mine was down about 2,000 this morning. Was going to start a thread, but was figured it was a pretty insignificant change. It is troubling, though. Where is Insider when we need him?
Bolding mine: On vacation
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: DL/PM/2MM TK*G
Mine went to about 50,000 miles down...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Bolding mine: On vacation[/QUOTE]

I know. I forgot my .
Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
c100,000 miles "missing" this morning....another glitch....

Just called United on an unrelated matter, spoke with an agent, "all of our computer systems are down, has been for the last hour, we can't even sign in"

I guess a Sunday morning is the "least worst" time for the IT team to make changes; perhaps this goes some way to explaining the glitch

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 24, 2013 at 6:54 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I didn't think anything of it as things looked right. Upon further review I am missing a random 1,233 Lifetime Miles. How odd.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oops!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
This will probably take months to get back!!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1.4MM, Marriott Platinum
My lifetime miles dropped by about 3,000 in the last couple of days--I checked after reading the original post. RDMs and EQMs weren't affected, however.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA GS & 1MM, Carlson Concierge, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, BW Diamond
Figured out what happened (in my case)

Thanks only to my ridiculously detailed spreadsheet, my account is showing down 4,120 lifetime miles. I went straight to this message board to look for similar experiences and was not disappointed.

I can see exactly why my account was adjusted: right after the merger I got double credit for a flight in April to the tune of 4,120 BIS miles (which I had flagged as erroneous) when many errors were being made on accounts. There are award miles plus premium bonuses which have not been removed.

So according to my accounting, the reduction in lifetime miles is accurate (1.129M to 1.125M). By not taking away award miles the real impact is minimal, though I have to expect that could happen as well (about 10k).

This won't make anyone happy but it's a correct explanation in my case. That's probably what's going on for most people. Yes, UA didn't tell anyone the recalculation was being processed and taking ten months to fix it is bad form.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Oh, great, they have time to go back and takr miles away but they cant fix common bugs! This is the new UA!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FullFare
Baze: I've been trying to limit my posts, but come on now. The figures were "rounded" because I didn't know my exact original amount since I hadn't fixated on it.

Suggest you lighten up and reconsider before you hit "send". I have advanced doctorate degrees and know hot to add. Thanks to the other posters who came to my defense.

The bigger picture (theme), which should not be lost, is that UA has a problem, without much doubt that appears to have surfaced acutely. Further, I went back to previous "statements" in the account and, frankly, they never have updates or confirmations of what the lifetime balances are. I was surprised that that wasn't there.

So, one of the posters had good advice which I wish I had followed previously: Do a "print-screen" at periodic intervals to verify where your account is in the cosmos. Many of us were doing that during the computer changeovers when the UA and CO mileage programs were merging.

That would appear to be the only safeguard of documenting where one's lifetime mileage balance is. Probably quite important for those of us who are near 1mm an 2mm thresholds---which carry a lot of value and impact for status and other perks. Something of value to carry away from FlyerTalk.

Regards
Jeez, maybe you should lighten up. Did you not see the big smiley face at the end of the line? Meant as a joke based on the exact numbers you posted which did in fact come to 25K. Wow, come on. And what does having advanced doctorate degrees have to do with anything? Wow DYKWIA!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.