FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 20,000+ Lifetime Miles just vanished
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:59 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FullFare
Baze: I've been trying to limit my posts, but come on now. The figures were "rounded" because I didn't know my exact original amount since I hadn't fixated on it.

Suggest you lighten up and reconsider before you hit "send". I have advanced doctorate degrees and know hot to add. Thanks to the other posters who came to my defense.

The bigger picture (theme), which should not be lost, is that UA has a problem, without much doubt that appears to have surfaced acutely. Further, I went back to previous "statements" in the account and, frankly, they never have updates or confirmations of what the lifetime balances are. I was surprised that that wasn't there.

So, one of the posters had good advice which I wish I had followed previously: Do a "print-screen" at periodic intervals to verify where your account is in the cosmos. Many of us were doing that during the computer changeovers when the UA and CO mileage programs were merging.

That would appear to be the only safeguard of documenting where one's lifetime mileage balance is. Probably quite important for those of us who are near 1mm an 2mm thresholds---which carry a lot of value and impact for status and other perks. Something of value to carry away from FlyerTalk.

Regards
Jeez, maybe you should lighten up. Did you not see the big smiley face at the end of the line? Meant as a joke based on the exact numbers you posted which did in fact come to 25K. Wow, come on. And what does having advanced doctorate degrees have to do with anything? Wow DYKWIA!!!