Wiki Posts
Search

UA Miles gone missing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
Angry UA Miles gone missing

On 1/21 I had some 80k miles in my UA account (I update it manually on Award Wallet and take note of the date). Today I logged in and find that I've got -10k miles. I also got a note about my name being updated to comply with the "TSA Secure Flight".

I remember seeing notes about the latter coming soon on some blog or other. No idea if its why my miles suddenly disappeared.

I don't see any record in my account for why the miles suddenly disappeared. I don't see any threads about this from anybody else, so maybe I'm alone here?

Have contacted UA of course. Wondering if this is more widespread.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1. Check how your name now appears on the account. Could someone have fraudulently changed your name in order to steal and use your miles more easily?

2. Have any award tickets been issued from your account? Have any miles been transferred to someone? Either action should show in your inline account statement. If this has happened, you need to contact someone at UA immediately who takes this seriously. The easiest way to resolve this is for UA to cancel any award tickets that were fraudulently obtained with your miles. The faster you try to resolve this the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.