Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United award: itin differs according to OAL PNR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

We have an upcoming award booked a few months back. Carriers are UA, TG, and SQ.

Two days ago I made changes to the first two segments, same route but both moved up a day. As one should, after receiving UA's updated itin through email, I called TG to get seats for the new segments and all is well. However the itin as shown on SQ.com and SQmobile omits the first segment now, with the remainder showing up accurately.

Reason to be concerned?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by dsquared37
We have an upcoming award booked a few months back. Carriers are UA, TG, and SQ.

Two days ago I made changes to the first two segments, same route but both moved up a day. As one should, after receiving UA's updated itin through email, I called TG to get seats for the new segments and all is well. However the itin as shown on SQ.com and SQmobile omits the first segment now, with the remainder showing up accurately.

Reason to be concerned?
Call SQ. What shows online is often not what they see when they look at the reservation, but only one way to be sure. Sadly with MP awards, the best course of action is call all carriers to confirm after you book the flight, and call again about once a month until you're actually on the plane.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Often OALs will only see parts of itineraries that are on etickets on which they operate segments. You should confirm, but I don't think it's unusual that SQ can't see a segment on another airline that might have a separate eticket.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Sadly with MP awards, the best course of action is call all carriers to confirm after you book the flight, and call again about once a month until you're actually on the plane.
This has been my MO for last few months and all has been well. It was only with this recent change that SQ isn't showing the itin in entirety. I'll give SQ a call to ensure the itin appears in full to the CS rep.

Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Check with each operating carrier they have the segments they're operating, and an eTicket for them. Nothing else matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.