Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidating *A miles from different accounts into one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen UA Premier Silver and one-time 1K, AA EXP, DL steerage
Question Consolidating *A miles from different accounts into one?

Hi! My girlfriend has three different Star Alliance mileage earning accounts, with three different airlines. One of them is United. Is it possible to dump miles from (for example) her Lufthansa Miles-and-More account into her United Mileage Plus account? What about vice-versa?

Apologies if this isn't in the proper forum, and thanks in advance for any helpful answers.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by I Prefer the Red Eye
Hi! My girlfriend has three different Star Alliance mileage earning accounts, with three different airlines. One of them is United. Is it possible to dump miles from (for example) her Lufthansa Miles-and-More account into her United Mileage Plus account? What about vice-versa?

Apologies if this isn't in the proper forum, and thanks in advance for any helpful answers.
Simple one word answer: No.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

It might be possible using a site like points.com, but the rates are usually awful.

Flyerguide (I think) also used to have a transfer tool where you could figure out how to do transactions like this - don't know if it is still around but transfering will lead to a large loss of points.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen UA Premier Silver and one-time 1K, AA EXP, DL steerage
Thank you both. It's not a lot of miles in any case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.