Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can I have two MileagePlus Explorer Cards simultaneously?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

When I registered for United's loyalty program years ago, I chose the title of "Baron". United has occasionally confused this title for my first name in various places throughout their system, including tickets.

I am currently a United MileagePlus Explorer card holder. I recently received an offer to apply in the mail, addressed to "Baro X Y" where X is my middle and Y my last name.

Can I apply for another card with the same address and social security number? I wouldn't mind another 50,000 miles.

Thanks,

Baron
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Highly unlikely - Seems like MP is using their mailing list to 'spam' you, but this would get weeded out quickly on application.

I remember reading that the Chase MP cards were not churnable, but I could be wrong here. Someone will surely clarify.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Churnable?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Churnable = being able to apply for the same card over and over again, thus reaping the benefits over and over again, like miles offers, etc.

I remember reading that the Chase MP cards are not churnable, but again, I could have misread.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Yes, you can have two cards. If the are both personal (or both business) cards, according to the T&C, you should only get the signup bonus on the first card. Whether the system will catch two signup bonuses posting to the same account I couldn't tell you.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Data Point: I had the Mileage Plus Visa Card & Last Year got an additional Mileage Plus Explorer Card. I got the bonus miles for the explorer card. I still have both and get miles on both cards.

note to self: cancel one
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The aggressive card pushers at IAH and ORD haven't been deterred when I respond "I've already got one!" I take that to mean I could have as many as I want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.